The Mardi Gras inspired “Doubloon Lagoon” pool at Port Orleans French Quarter is a lively and fun swimming area with clam shell water jets and a fabulously themed slide in which you emerge from “Scales” the sea serpent’s mouth and slide down its pink tongue into the pool. Sitting atop Scales’ head is a colourful likeness of King Neptune and situated around the pool are comical Mardi Gras characters, many of which include water features and sprays.
There is an adjoining shallow children’s pool and sun beds are located around the poolside area. A short distance away from the main pool you’ll find a jacuzzi hot tub and a welcoming pool bar called Mardi Grogs for the adult aprés-swim time.
Poolside activities are organised daily, weather permitting. A full schedule is posted at the resort and a printed copy should be also provided in your welcome pack — or for this month’s details, please see the Recreation Activities Schedule page.
- Opening hours: 9am until 11pm (9am—9pm off-season). Note: Feature Pool opening hours are now enforced to match the lifeguard hours.
- Maximum depth: 4 ft 5 inches (entry via a gently stepped area, not zero-entry)
- Pool volume: 225,000 gallons
- Pool Area: 8,500 square feet
- Maximum capacity: 265 in main pool, 9 in spa
- Pool Temperature: 82 degrees (standard at all Walt Disney World Resorts)
- Length of slide: 51 linear feet
- Water depth at base of slide: 3 ft 6in
- Chair Lift available to provide access for guests with limited mobility
- For health and safety reasons, diaper-age children must wear plastic pants or swim diapers
- Showers and coin-operated lockers ($1 in quarters) are available in the restroom area near the pool
- Towel pickup is available at the poolside and there is also a towel drop location
- The pool is available for use by any guests staying at Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter for the entire duration of their stay (including their arrival and checkout days)
- Safety devices permitted at Walt Disney World resort pools:
- Walt Disney World approved flotation devices, which must be securely attached and supervising adults must remain within arms reach of the person using the device. Free life jackets for children are available poolside
- Any US Coast Guard Type II or Type III personal flotation device
- Arm Bands
- Swim Rings (split rings and full rings)
- Beach Balls
- Not permitted at Walt Disney World resort pools:
- Hard Frisbees
- Hard balls
- Plastic Boats
The Mardi Grogs pool bar is open from 11:30am until 9:45pm and serves a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and snacks in a festive Mardi Gras setting.
Port Orleans French Quarter has one Laundry Room located near to the Mardi Grogs pool bar with guest-operated washing and drying facilities — your laundry can be taking care of itself while you take a refreshing dip in the pool or have a drink at the bar. Note: as from April 2013, the washers and dryers at French Quarter now ONLY accept credit/debit cards — you cannot use cash, nor can you pay using a Magic Band.
Also near the pool bar is the jacuzzi hot tub and a children’s play area.