pool bar hrs

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
mhlnh9710

pool bar hrs

Unread post by mhlnh9710 »

do you need to bring your I.D. to the pool bar, I'm way way over 21,also what time dose the bar by the pool open
MardiGroggy

Re: pool bar hrs

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

Actually don't really know about the ID thing. I'm so far past 21 that they usually check to be sure the AED is handy before they serve me. This time of year, Mardi Grogs opens at 11:30am and closes around 9:45pm.
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Closing time tends to vary seasonally (for example if the pool closes at 8pm during the winter months I would expect the pool bar to shut by then too). As with anywhere else in the area, ID can be requested whenever anyone tries to buy an alcoholic drink, and they will very strictly enforce the 21 years rule.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

swd wrote:Actually don't really know about the ID thing. I'm so far past 21 that they usually check to be sure the AED is handy before they serve me. This time of year, Mardi Grogs opens at 11:30am and closes around 9:45pm.
nice line !
RiverRooster

Unread post by RiverRooster »

They are currently testing an 11:00 am open time, not sure how long the test will continue. The earlier start time is tied to the food service as they try to increase food sales near "lunch time".
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

11am certainly makes sense to me, plenty of warm people at the pool by then most days in need of refreshment!

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -