French quarter room requests

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
James69

French quarter room requests

Unread post by James69 »

Got plenty of time, not going till end of November 2017, but exited already :-)
We have a standard room type but I was wondering for two adults and a three year old that a river view would be more welcome.
Would would your recommendations 've and do Disney charge for any room requests ?
Many thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Re: French quarter room requests

Unread post by Admin »

Disney don't charge for requests, but equally they are not guaranteed.

There are different pricing bands for different specific room category bookings though, Standard View being the cheapest and mostly facing out towards the parking lots, then comes Garden View, and then River View, Pool View and King Bed are the most expensive upgrades. River Views are really nice, but if you just want to avoid overlooking the parking lots then Garden View would be fine too.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
James69

Unread post by James69 »

Brilliant thanks for the very prompt and informative reply.
I like the look of building seven, I assume that all the rooms have the same spec and are of the same size ?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

All of the rooms are the same size, contents and decor (except for King Bed rooms which have one rather than two beds, and as it happens are all located on corners so have an extra window). The room categories only define the view type.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Dancin

Unread post by Dancin »

James69 wrote:Brilliant thanks for the very prompt and informative reply.
I like the look of building seven, I assume that all the rooms have the same spec and are of the same size ?
Try this it gives a picture outside every room - https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/dis ... ch-quarter

Although room 1325 isn't a river view room 1326 is. Plus the view from the balcony is good. But Block 1 & 7 are a long walk after a long day at the park.

Personally I like the Standard Rooms in Block 4 No.'s 4314-18, quiet overlooking the garden plus its very easy to get to the bus stop without going through Reception.

When we first went to POFQ we were in 3333 which was quiet but I much prefer Block 4.
Feller

Unread post by Feller »

We have stayed as this resort over 20 times sence 1993 and consider this our home away from home. We have stary at others but this one is just the right size.
I would suggest ground floor, corner room in building 5. This building is close to pool/hot tub and jackson squair and close to the coffee and soft drinks. Also the extra window in corner room makes it seem larger. Ground floor makes easier access and not worry about stairs or elevator.