Sept 18-24th - Our 2nd POFQ stay

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
maddox4

Sept 18-24th - Our 2nd POFQ stay

Unread post by maddox4 »

Just returned from our wonderful vacation to POFQ! We have to say, the second trip was just as good, if not better than our first in 2009. Rooms have been renovated and were fantastic! My husband had a stroke almost 10 years ago and we have stayed in accessible rooms both times. In 2009 the room we were assigned had a roll-in shower which we really didn't require as he is not in a wheelchair. This year the accessible room was plastered with grab bars but it had a traditional tub/shower combo--the best part was that it was a corner room in building 4 on the ground floor--super location and the extra window made a lot of difference in lighting. This year we included our two sons on their last "parentally funded" vacation (21 year old college senior and our developmentally disabled 25 year old). They had their own room--which was lovely--and the resort is so safe for our disabled son that he was able to pretty much do whatever he wanted. Pool was delightful, laundry clean, pool bar was enjoyed by our other son and the entertainment at Riverside's lounge was enjoyed by the whole family. (Will definitely do that again!) We were there during a time when the POFQ was at 100% occupancy (free dining plan probably had something to do with it) but it didn't seem to affect the quality of service we received during our stay. Food quality in the food court may have been slightly less than in 2009 but nothing we couldn't handle. Like several people in this forum, my husband and I like to check out the other resorts whenever possible. However, unless a super special deal would come our way, POFQ is definetely our resort of choice. :D