Dec 18-22 Stay

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
Crazydiamond

Dec 18-22 Stay

Unread post by Crazydiamond »

This was our first time staying in a Disney Resort, instead of off site. We picked POFQ based on all the recommendations here and elsewhere. We were very pleased with the resort. It was pleasant, quiet, and not to overwhelming. It was the four of us, two adults, one teen and one toddler. The two queen size beds and renovated rooms were a major draw for us. Double sinks were great as was the curtain separating the sink area from the bedroom. However I found the beds a bit too firm and the shower/toilet area tiny. The staff were all helpful and friendly.

Transportation was good on the buses, but the boats to DTD were crowded. The food was so so - and we started using our Dining plan snack credits for breakfast rolls instead of full breakfast counter service.

All in all we were very happy. We are considering Riverside when all the princess upgrades are completed, or perhaps moving up to a deluxe resort, but would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it to others.
disneygirl

Re: Dec 18-22 Stay

Unread post by disneygirl »

Glad you had a good time. I can totally understand you feeling a bit cramped with 4 of you in the rooms. We just about manage and there are only 2 of us!!! I LOVE POR, it is just so pretty. Luckily you didn't stay in a value resort then you would know what small is!! :lol: We have staying in the Wilderness Lodge before and the rooms really are not much bigger then POFQ but have a balcony so feel bigger.
First Visit to POFQ May 1995
Off site in Kissimmee June 1996 (never again)
POR nearly every year since although we did go to Wilderness Lodge one year which was also really nice.
Off site LBV this year 2011 (Wyndham LBV - was just OK but never again)
Disneyland Paris - too many times to count but prob about 20 (not a patch on WDW)
The hubby has been to Disneyland California but was too young to really remember much.