A few hints

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
janecharlie

A few hints

Unread post by janecharlie »

Staying at the FQ mid September was perfect. Loved the quiet, compact resort and everyone was on spot friendly. A couple of suggestions:
If you are arriving in the evening, maybe after 4 or 5 DO NOT use the luggage tags for Magical Express. Just claim your own luggage and take it to the bus right outside the baggage claim area. We arrived at the hotel at 8:30pm and our luggage arrived at 2AM !!! The return bus time they gave us was perfect even though we thought it was a little earlier than needed. They know what they are doing so stick to the time they give you. Building 3, garden view was perfect for getting to everything without a lot of walking. No noise from the pool or the riverboat horns. The buses were plentiful, hardly any wait at the hotel for any of the parks and the same on the return. It is a moderate resort that is fairly priced for an onsite property. Riverside was too large and spread out although very pretty and well kept. Do your homework on reviews and you will be OK ..
fairytalelover

Re: A few hints

Unread post by fairytalelover »

thanks for the hints. I can't believe the luggage arrived at 2am :(
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

They do say to allow up to five hours for luggage to arrive, so yes if you're arriving after about 8pm it might be easier to bring your own bags. I guess the later it gets the less people/bags there are, so it takes longer before they've got enough loaded to do a run to the resorts.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
PAmom

Unread post by PAmom »

We only utilized the Magical Express on our return to Orlando International. We had an 8:45 flight. Call me paranoid, but I didn't think leaving at 5:45 was early enough, so I called the Magical Express number (lobby concierge couldn't help), and requested a 4:45 departure. It was very easy to change and they were very pleasant about it. The reason I did this, was that after you are picked up, the bus will make several stops at other resorts loading people, luggage, etc. I would rather be assured I was at the airport early then be tense with any potential bus delays. I was very glad we did because I found Orlando airport luggage check lines to be much longer than Philadelphia airport. The security at Orlando also took a bit longer. It also gave us time to eat breakfast at the airport. I was much more relaxed.