SOooooo much to do!!!!!

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
lucyparks

SOooooo much to do!!!!!

Unread post by lucyparks »

We just returned from a 2 night stay at POR. First and last day was spent at the parks, but my favorite was our second day that we stayed at the resort. Our 7year old son LOVED the pirate adventure cruise, they take the kids on a 2 hour cruise down the river, stopping a couple of times along the way to get off and hunt for treasures and have a snack. The main pool had games all day that kept the kids occupied, along with the waterslide. We rode the 4 seat surry bike around the complex, played in the arcade, and took the boat to downtown disney at night for dinner. Somehow the day just had 24 hours in it and we didnt have time for renting a small motor boat, watching the outdoor movie, stiiting by the campfire, or taking a horse and carriage ride :? ........I guess theres always next time though!!!!! ;)
PS. We were in one of the royal guest rooms, although it happened to be under the stairwell , we loved it....quiet. If you like strong coffee, try the coffee that comes in your room,,loved it!!!!!
mpotter01

Re: SOooooo much to do!!!!!

Unread post by mpotter01 »

good to know, we are planning a resort day as well, can't wait! :)
debvee60

Unread post by debvee60 »

Thanks for the great info. I've been thinking of planning resort time for our trip in Nov 2013 - instead of as much park time. Both my husband and I have leg/foot issues, so a lot of walking is out of the question.
Our 28 year old daughter is joining us and will love the opportunity to swim in a pool.
Hubby and I stayed at the Polynesian in 2011 (40th anniversary) and thought we would have a hard time finding something as enjoyable - but I am glad we have booked adjoining rooms here in the preferred section.
Can't wait.
Debbie V.
Debbie V.
Nov 17-23 2013 Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate hubby's retirement Second WDW visit
Nov 2011 - Polynesian Resort to celebrate 40th anniversary and 60th birthdays - First WDW visit ever
travis

Unread post by travis »

Hi there!

Good to hear that! We're planning to go there. I just can't wait.. Pretty excited! :D

Try looking for another lovely to place to have your vacation. ;)
ethicaladdict

Unread post by ethicaladdict »

Thank you so much for the review! We have a visit planned for Feb 1st - 8th 2014 and are counting down the days! We are especially happy to hear that the in room coffee is strong :D
lottea21

Unread post by lottea21 »

Love this info. We're going in September 2013. 4 adults 3 kids 4,5and7. Staying in a royal room. We have 2 down or Resort days planned and had been worried about the kids being bored I'm sure now that will not be an issue. :D
garyrhodes

Unread post by garyrhodes »

I have just read your trip report it inspires me lot for travel with family. Next year i definitely make a plan for long distance journey of Orlando and stay there for 2-3 weeks with kids. :)
Terry123

Unread post by Terry123 »

I am happy to know about this, thinking to plan vacation like this.