Port orleans review, stated May 1-8

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
mooretanya

Port orleans review, stated May 1-8

Unread post by mooretanya »

We stayed at the riverside from May 1st until May 8th and everything was great. I visited before when it opened in 1993 (Dixie Landings) and it looks just as fresh today. We visited the Grand Floridian and it was lovely but I liked Port Orleans better Mousekeeping gets an A
Food Court A
Magic Express A-
Disney Bus service A-
Disney's automated phone service C

The only thing I really did not enjoy was the Yachtsman Steak House and it was not at Port Orleans, it is in no way worth 2 Tableservice meals. We got all dressed up and looked forward to something special, what a dissapointment! The food was lousy and so was the service, we waited 60 mins for our dessert and finally left with it to go, so we would not miss the ferry, and there were only 12 people in the resteraunt!!!! The other thing I did not enjoy was having to rush around to make dinner reservations. Disney really needs to change the 180 days in advance thing. It is both annoying and crazy ! How about making reservations on the same day!!
T.Moore & J. Taylor Toronto Canada
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Port orleans review, stated May 1-8

Unread post by Admin »

Thanks for posting your review, glad you enjoyed the resort.

The Disney World ADR (dining reservations) system seems to be suffering rather badly since they implemented some new software a few months ago. Eventually it should be able to allow guests to make bookings online, but for now it seems a lot slower for the booking agents to use than the old system - especially at peak times such as 7am when everyone is calling to book for newly released dates.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -