Road Trip

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
Amy

Road Trip

Unread post by Amy »

My family returned from our road trip to Florida. The family DH, myself, DS7,DS5,DS3.The in-laws joined us on the journey. We left Indiana at 1:00pm we arrived in Florida at 4:00 am. We stayed at POR April 25-May 2. We were part of a grand gathering. The others all flew in and were very happy with Magical Express. We had 4 rooms booked. I requested building 18 ground floor and we got it! Three of the rooms were together, one was in the same building but on the far end. My sister-in-law was not happy. We were very happy with the room. It was clean and stayed that way, thanks to Saundra. ;) She kept us filled with towels, and moved the boys stuffed animals around. Our room was very close to the restaurant. The refillable mugs are the way to go. We ate at the quick service 3 times for breakfast, 2 times lunch/dinner. It was good and quick. It can get busy, you can deffiantly tell who has just arrived and is overwhelmed; and who has been there for a week.
We also ate at Boatwright's, everyone enjoyed their meal. I have to say a hello and thank you to Brittany at Boatwright's. She went out of her way to make my son(a cancer survivor) feel very special. She even gave him a gift and a friend. Brittany you are a great person. Keep up your fight. You are a great role model for all childhood cancer survivors, and the lives you touch!
We swam in the quiet pool several times, very clean. The main pool was very busy, and not so clean. My boys loved the slide.
I did laundry one night, very convenient, but not cheap. One night we took the boat to Downtown Disney, very nice. The captains were very helpful and friendly.
The buses were hit or miss. We had better luck in the morning and evening. During the day the buses just do not run very often or have a lot of stops. Still way better than driving. When I did run to the store we had to make 3 U-turns.
The arcade was fun, good amount of different games.
The gift shop was great, they have a little of everything. I also picked up some snacks for the drive home with left over snack credits.
We tried to fish, but the hole closes early.
We crammed in as much as we could. It is hard with a large group, to keep everyone happy. I am so thankful for this time with the family and the memories we have. I would recommend this hotel, and someday would like to come back.
Restaurants my family enjoyed the most were: Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge), Le Cellier (Epcot), and Boatwright's for more than the food!
If anyone can advise we on who to contact for lost and found?! My son lost his wallet in the gift shop/reception area. I did call and got the number to the gift shop and they did not find it. I wonder if there is a resort lost and found? Thanks
Amy

Re: Road Trip

Unread post by Amy »

Something that I forgot to mention: I really like the trundle bed. It is hard to find reasonable accomodations at Disney for a family of 5. I have read the rumors that they may do away with the extra bed. I hope for all families this is not the case! It was an important deciding factor in our resort choice.