Resort Mechandise

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
ctguy1962

Resort Mechandise

Unread post by ctguy1962 »

During our stay last week at Port Orleans Riverside we asked in Fulton's if there was any Port Orleans merchandise.The answer was no. They told me to go to Downtown Disney and you can make a shirt at the make your own t-shirt shop. This is disappointing and hopefully Disney will come to their senses at some point and return resort specific merchandise to all the resorts. We were at the Yacht and Beach Club as well as the Polynesian during our stay and they did have resort specific shirts.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Resort Mechandise

Unread post by Admin »

Amen to that. I still miss the days when you could find this sort of display in the hotel shop (even though that year's particular range was somewhat lack-lustre):

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Hugo_D_Aygo

Unread post by Hugo_D_Aygo »

I'm an oldie.

I'll be turning up in my Dixie Landings Tee Shirt.

I bought it in 1994 or 1996.

It still fits!

Hugo.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Yup, my DxL shirt still fits me too (but only because at the time they only had bigger sizes in stock! :) ). I don't wear it very often as I don't want to spoil it.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Hugo_D_Aygo

I've got the shorts to match.

......but they don't fit anymore!!!!

Hugo.
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

When did the resort specific stuff stop?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Thorpy wrote:When did the resort specific stuff stop?
About 4-5 years ago, it was phased out over a year or so.

Andre
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

Thanks, I'm not going mad. We went in 2009, 10 & 12 and I'm sure I vaguely remember seeing some, which would tie in with it just about still being around on our first trip, and it's not just me associating pictures and false memories.
Hugo_D_Aygo

Shame really!

Them report shirts were worn proudly on return to base.

Our last visit was in 2006 - and I reckon my wife bought half of what was available!!!

Hugo
WyoDisney

Unread post by WyoDisney »

ctguy1962 wrote:During our stay last week at Port Orleans Riverside we asked in Fulton's if there was any Port Orleans merchandise.The answer was no. They told me to go to Downtown Disney and you can make a shirt at the make your own t-shirt shop. This is disappointing and hopefully Disney will come to their senses at some point and return resort specific merchandise to all the resorts. We were at the Yacht and Beach Club as well as the Polynesian during our stay and they did have resort specific shirts.
Anybody have pics of the DTD make your own shirt options for POR or POFQ?
Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding.

Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

WyoDisney wrote:Anybody have pics of the DTD make your own shirt options for POR or POFQ?
It's just the Riverboat Port Orleans logo (the one I use at the bottom of the site homepage) and you can choose your own shirt, add wording, etc.

Andre
disneybabe1229

Unread post by disneybabe1229 »

Here is the one my DH made on our trip last summer.
It is pretty basic. He has one that he bought at the resort on our trip in 2009. After finding out that they wouldn't have merchandise at the resort anymore, he only wears it when we are in Disney. Wish we were there often enough that he would wear it out!!! LOL! :lol:
Elizabeth
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

Just reading that last comment, and was confused...then saw spam link removed and it made sense :-)
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Thorpy wrote:Just reading that last comment, and was confused...then saw spam link removed and it made sense :-)
Yeah, I almost removed the whole post, but some poor overseas spammer has spent all that time and effort trying to type something that seems to fit in that I didn't have the heart. :) (their IP address originated in India, so my guess is their real name may not be Kerry Brown either)

Andre
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

If anyone is following this topic and hasn't seen the news by the way, there is now a range of Resort Specific merchandise at Port Orleans, see www.portorleans.org/merchandise.php for details and photos.

Andre
Choozee

Unread post by Choozee »

Thank you
jpwest

Unread post by jpwest »

FANTASTIC news.
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

Staying at Coronado this year, but I've already told the family that we'll be heading over to Riverside while I buy some of this merchandise.
andrew42

Unread post by andrew42 »

Is there anywhere in Disney where I can obtain a Run Disney T Shirt during our stay.As I am a keen runner.Do they sell them at Fultons?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I think they are only available during events, but maybe one of the shops in Downtown Disney might have them? Certainly the hotel shop won't anyway.

Andre
pdrazine

Unread post by pdrazine »

Does anyone know if they have Riverside mugs in stock at this time? I'm trying to have a Disney shopper get me one, but they were sold out a few month ago when he checked.
MardiGroggy

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

There were plenty of them 2 weeks ago. Andre is there now, so he should be able to give you a current report.
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, Riverside mugs are in stock at Fulton's General Store.

Andre
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

Just a note to say that we got across to Riverside during our trip in August. Stayed for tea/dinner/evening meal, depending on where in the world you're from. I had a build-your-own pasta, on a counter service credit. I realised how much I miss the place and will certainly be using all my lobbying power to make sure our next holiday is in the resort, although Mrs Thorpy has the casting vote. I Picked up a riverside mug which is now safely tucked away. I couldn't justify splashing out on the other items, all at once, so next time....