Wonderful Resort!!!!!

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
germ539

Wonderful Resort!!!!!

Unread post by germ539 »

We got back Saturday, June 1, so here's an overview.

Magical Express - no complaints, got us to and from POR without any hitches.

Took a taxi to the nearest Winn Dixies to get essentials on Saturday after we arrived, taxi cost was approx $14 each way, but worth it. Didn't really want to pay the high resort cost for the essentials.

Got Pixie Dusted , Booked a standard room, got a garden view corner room with a Mickey towel head to greet us (room 8778), my parents had an adjoining room (8779). We had our privacy please sign out the whole time so they just left a bag hanging on the door with the necessities for the next day (unless I happened to catch the mousekeeper, Marie was ours during the week, to get what we needed)

Main pool - visited it once, DS liked the quiet pool better, said the main pool was too busy and noisy. I kinda agree on that. The slide is okay, OKW's slide seems faster.

Food Court - we utilized this quite a few times. The chocolate cake at the bakery is WONDERFULL. Very moist and tasty. Got a cinnamon roll for breakfast, it looks good but is very hard on the outside and dry on the inside. DS and grandparents got the whole pepperoni pizza twice and it was very tasty and the best price we found for a whole pizza throughout Disney. I had the create your own pasta on our last day, it was okay, I think less noodles would taste better and it would seem like there would be enough sauce for all the noodles. DH got the Turkey dinner one night and I got the ham dinner one night, DH said his had good flavor, mine was okay. DH also had the mufalatta twice and said it was good. Wasn't too crowded the times we ate but I went there a couple of times to refill the mugs and it was packed.

Entertainment - caught Yee Haw Bob's show two different nights, he's a hoot, I can see why he is so popular. Arcade is okay, DS won me a Donald from the claw game.

Took the boat to DD one evening, had a little wait, but otherwise a nice ride on the river.

Room - Very comfortable, the only problem is that if you want the fridge to stay cold, you need to leave the door to the cabinet it is in open part way. I know that they put it in there for looks, but it doesn't make sense to have the keep the door open. My parents had to have theirs replaced, it was not keeping anything cold even with the door open. They said that it was working but when you shut the fridge door, you could tell that it wasn't running. Once they got a new one, everything was fine.

Bus service wasn't too bad, sometimes hit and miss on catching them, we were near the east depot, so we utilized that alot. Never could tell when coming back from the parks though, whether they were going to go around all the stops then last south or start at south.

Parks were busy, had some spotty rain showers a couple of days. DS said that the most favorite for him was the Dinosaur ride at AK. I could do with out

This is our 2nd time at POR (1st time was in 1995 when it was Dixie Landings) and I would stay again. We "visited" other resorts, just to see what they look like and like this one the best (out of the moderates), the only ones we didn't see are CBR, CSR, ASMu, ASSports & SSR.

Just a side note, if you would like a good down home cooking buffet, you need to visit the Fort Wilderness buffet for dinner. We ate there twice and for the money (I think it's the cheapest buffet on Disney) it is worth it and filling.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wonderful Resort!!!!!

Unread post by Admin »

Glad you had a good time, and thanks for such a detailed report. Sounds like you got a great room location there.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
tracy.aviary

Re: Wonderful Resort!!!!!

Unread post by tracy.aviary »

Thank you so much for the great info. We booked our very first trip to WDW for August and had planned on everything you mentioned even down to the cab to Winn Dixie. I havent been this excited about a vacation since my parents told me we were going to Disneyland (age 9).