WIFI Question

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
dubsd

WIFI Question

Unread post by dubsd »

Getting ready for the big trip in June. I am a Canadian and wondering if I need to get a data plan for when we come to DisneyWorld. We are staying on the resort the whole time and was wondering if the Disney WIFI works well with phones? The only app I wish to run will be the Disney App.

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Re: WIFI Question

Unread post by Admin »

The Wi-Fi is good enough in the parks and at the resort, but there are black spots where you get poorer signals so occasionally you may need to hunt around a bit. However I'd have thought that for just the MDE app you should be fine without paying for roaming data - as long as you don't want to use it on the buses, etc.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
ethicaladdict

Unread post by ethicaladdict »

Hello from a fellow Canadian - sorry if this is a bit late. I always get a very
small Data plan for when travelling to WDW (once a year. I'm with Bell and they have a Data Pass for $20 for only 100 MB's but that seems to be doing the trick. Those 100 MB's is only for when we're on the road and not at the WDW property - for me the WiFi is great - Andre' is right, there are dead spots but for the most part works perfectly. I find the MDE app to load slowly - nothing to do with the WiFi service (IMHO). I hope this helps you - have a wonderful trip. By the way - what part of Canada are you from? I'm from the Vancouver area.
ethicaladdict

Yikes - sorry about the poor grammar! ^^^
dubsd

Unread post by dubsd »

From Calgary, thanks for the advice. I am with Bell as well and will do the top up just encase. 27 days to go before 13 wonderful days at the property. Already having trouble sleeping.
ethicaladdict

Bell's $20 US data Pass plan is great and if you go over the overage is only .20 a MB! I'm not sure if you've been to Port Orleans before - the place is absolutely gorgeous! Have an awesome trip - which I'm sure you will!