Riverside Room Location

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
ddc88

Riverside Room Location

Unread post by ddc88 »

;) so my first time to post, hoping I am in the right place!! I am planning a great vacation for my mother's 80th birthday. We are staying @ Riverside, have requested Magnolia Bend ground floor and have presently booked a "florida" special accessible room. Can anyone give me the details of what this room is? My mother does not need a handicapped room, she basically just will need to have grab bars in the shower. Can anyone tell me if the regular rooms in Magnolia Bend at Riverside have grab bars in the shower? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
pdrazine

Re: Riverside Room Location

Unread post by pdrazine »

No, the regular rooms don't. Ironically, the first year I stayed there they did. When they did the reno, they didn't include the bars.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Riverside Room Location

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, the "Florida Special" rooms are designed for people who need a little assistance but not a full wheelchair-accessible bathroom. The main feature is extra handrails by the bath and toilet, but otherwise they are pretty much regular rooms with two queen beds, curtain into the vanity area, etc. Some rooms also have assistance features for people with hearing difficulties, etc (strobe light for fire alarms, that sort of thing).

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -