Riverside Mansions 2/22 thru 2/28/15

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
JohnB

Riverside Mansions 2/22 thru 2/28/15

Unread post by JohnB »

Finally able to get to this, as we both got sick either at the end of the trip, or after getting home.

Had a great time, as usual. Originally booked the trip with the Quick Service DP, but when the free DP was announced, jumped on that. They bumped us up to a garden view room, which when we arrived, (without any request), turned out to be a corner, ground floor, right opposite the fountain on the backside of Acadian House.

Dinner at Boatwrights first night. Prime Rib. Yum. Browsed around Fultons, still in my opinion, one of the best resort gift shop/stores.
Spent the rest of the night relaxing, coming in from -11 degrees the morning before to 81 needed some adjustment.

Magical Express was great, the only thing was getting our bags to the room, didn't happen until just before 11pm (we got in just before 4pm).

Had breakfast at Riverside Mill each morning, good like always. Kudos to Chef Ron, who made sure the wife had the blueberry GF muffin, along with the other lunch options available to her.

Goals for this trip were to 1) explore the resort more - we did, walking around AB and the island, fishing hole, etc.
2) made dinner reservations at Beach Club, Poly and Contemporary to ensure we explored those resorts a bit.
3) cross off more of the things on the "we must do" list.
Also, was able to get one of the trial FP to Be Our Guest for lunch. Got there just as they were ready to open. Bonjour! Wonderful experience, would recommend it. Food was pretty good as well. Atmosphere was unbelievable.

We do not dine out very much, so the food aspect is a big deal for the two of us. Everything was goood. I was impressed by the buffet at Cape May at Beach Club, and the homestyle meal served at the Garden Grill for the Chip & Dale character dinner. Yes, the two adults went to the character meal. No age restrictions, young or old....:)

Only grumble for the trip, was the bus. Not that they were long wait times (not one more than 15 mins), but how much they tried to cram and jam folks in. And if they are going to pack them in like that, they need to turn on the a/c to get the air moving.

Glad we got out to see the other resorts; was really surprised at how nice the Swan looked as we passed thru on the way to mini golf.

As good as each day was, always nice to return "home" and take a relaxing dip in the quiet pool.

JohnB.
MardiGroggy

Re: Riverside Mansions 2/22 thru 2/28/15

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

Thanks for the report, JohnB. Always nice to hear when folks have a great time. I agree on the buses, but I think it still beats driving. Time to start planning for the next time!
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
JohnB

Re: Riverside Mansions 2/22 thru 2/28/15

Unread post by JohnB »

Thanks. You know the wife and I are already working on the next trip back, which cannot happen soon enough....