Just got back Oct 16-20 2008

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
lilsydney

Just got back Oct 16-20 2008

Unread post by lilsydney »

:D
Well- it was a great trip with beautiful sunny high 80 degree weather. We landed in Orlando around 10:15 a.m. on Thursday and made our way over the Magical Express. Lines were so so but moved quickly and we were off, heading for Disney. Stopped along the way at Saratoga Springs and French Quarter before we hit Riverside. Our waterview room in the mansions was not quite ready at 11:45 a.m. but they did some checking around and located an available room in Bldg 90. While the "waterview" part was questionable, we did face the quiet pool side (towards the back nearer to the parking lot) on the ground floor (9087) and loved having a pool so close by. The bridge across the river to the lobby and food area was close and over all we were VERY happy.

Our room was clean, airy (two windows as it was a corner) and we saw no issues of dirt mold etc. The bedspreads were newer looking and I believe the mattresses were brand new. They were great and comfortable.

First day was MNSSHP so we headed off to DTD for lunch reservations at Planet Hollywood by boat before heading to MK in the evening. The timing for the boat was perfect and we enjoyed the ride with our captain "Jason" Loved seeing the Treehouse Villas going up. We hope to stay there with our DVC friends late next year or early 2010.

Our rooms were cleaned perfectly each day, (I left $3 tip per day for the three of us) had everything we needed and have nothing but great things to say about the POR. Please let me know if you have any questions about the resort.

Will add more this week including the Bayou Pirate Adventure cruise my 8 yr old daughter took from POR.

Leeanne