Port Orleans Riverside Stay

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
vickiloftus

Port Orleans Riverside Stay

Unread post by vickiloftus »

Following our recent stay at Port Orleans Riverside I just wanted to post a quick report on our stay and tell everyone what a fantastic resort this is.
We travelled on the 27th October and stayed for 8 nights in Oak Manor, room 9098. This was our 4th trip to Orlando and at the time we were looking at hotels to book we couldnt decide whether to stay here or the Caribean Beach Resort. I am so glad that I found this site as it swung our decision to stay at POR. We had a fantastic time!! The resort itself is simply stunning.........so beautiful, peaceful and tranquil and just what is needed after a busy day at the parks. The room we were allocated was a corner room and was very spacious and airy. We thought that it may be a little crampled with two adults and two children in the room but couldnt have been more wrong. It was pleasantly spacious and we even had room to park the pushchair in the corner!!! The room was very clean and comfortable with a coffee maker, iron, ironing board, hairdrier and a fridge....... very handy to store drinks for the kids in. The food court at the hotel has a great choice and even at busy times the lines at the counters to be served move quickly and are well organised. I have to recomend the roast beef and blue cheese sandwiches they do...........they are simply to die for!!!! Breakfast time in the food court was very busy after 8am so I would recomend that you try to get there before that time as there was a bit of a mad scramble for tables. Hmmmmm, what else can I tell you??? The shop/general store is well stocked and has a great range of gifts, snacks and other Disney merchandise...........I only wish our local Disney store at home was as good!! We didnt eat at the hotels restaurant but it seemed very popular and I heard some very good reports on it by other people. The bus service to the parks was great and the longest time we waited for a bus was 10 minutes..............of course, two then came at once! :lol: The pools were great. We had a quiet pool about 30 seconds walk from our room which was lovely. The main pool with its waterslide and jacuzzi was a huge hit with our children. It was much busier than the 'quiet' pool with lifeguards on duty the whole time we were there but the kids loved it.
All in all I have to say that this was our best trip to Orlando yet. We have previously stayed at the Rosen Centre, Crowne Plaza Universal and Bahama Bay Resort but Port Orleans Riverside has won our hearts. I felt totally at home here, it is just such a lovely place. I think it has spoiled us for anywhere else as we would always be comparing it to here. I would recomend it to anyone without hesitation and am already planning when we can return.