POR 11/26-11/29

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
FSUSammy

POR 11/26-11/29

Unread post by FSUSammy »

Our room was in building 37 in the Alligator Bayou. It was a pretty far walk back to all the happenings at the resort but it wasn't that awful. The thing I did not like was that we were on the 2nd floor. I didn't realize this until we got to our room and noticed that our room number was upstairs. At first I didn't think it would be that big of a deal since it was only 1 flight of stairs up. But it became more irritating the longer we were there because we constantly had to carry the stroller, with DS in it, up and down the stairs. Of course it wasn't the end of the world and we dealt with it, but had we stayed longer than 3 nights I probably would have seen if they could have moved us to either 1st floor or to the mansions that have elevators.

Our room was ok. Nothing fabulous. I did not like the layout compared to POFQ. It just seemed like we had more room at POFQ to put our stuff away. The fridge never got anything in it cold. I tried to figure out how to adjust it but had no luck. I remember reading a post about taking plyers but even if I had those I probably wouldn't know what to do. I did notice some mold/mildew on the tile in the shower but it wasn't bad enough for me to complain about it.

The food court was great for breakfast. It was very busy but we always found a seat. I did notice that there were a lot of people that brought old hotel mugs and were using those to fill up their coffee and sodas, which I know is supposed to be a No No but they didn't seem to care.

The buses were great. I was very hesitant to take them since it was a holiday week and since we had our 1 yr old and his stroller I knew it wouldn't be fun. We had no problems at all. I think the longest we waited was 20 minutes and that was for a DHS bus. I had to stand a few times holding the stroller while my DH sat holding DS. It was worse at night. Since our room was by the North Depot a lot of times we just caught the bus from there and we had no problems getting on the bus from there.

I did notice the rooms were exactly the same size-wise. But I did notice the dressers were different. At POFQ the nightstands had a little cubby underneath, at POR it was just a little night table. At POFQ they had the tv on top of a dresser which seemed like it had more room. At POR it wasn't like that, it was a tall dresser, can't think of the name of it but its where you can close the top to hide the tv. Even though we had the same amount of room it just was a little different for us to make it weird. LOL

Overall POR was nice. I'd definitely pick POFQ again before choosing POR mainly because all of the buildings at POFQ have elevators, not just some like at POR.