Home Sweet Home!

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
portocall

Home Sweet Home!

Unread post by portocall »

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside from November 21-26 in Alligator Bayou Building #27, room 2765. When I booked my reservation 11 months ahead, I made one request. I asked to be near an entrance to the feature pool for easy access as I knew we would be using it. Boy did I get that in spades! Upon arrival, we had the friendliest cast member ever check us in and it only got better. We found our room with no problem. Our room was a corner room so we had two windows which was really nice, and it was in decent condition. I am sure I could have found some worn spots had I been looking, however I wasn't looking. My three sons loved the rustic feel of the room and I loved the comfortable beds. The resort itself was beautiful and not nearly as big or spread out as my imagination had lead me to believe so it didn't feel as big to me as perhaps some others. We had a river view so it was quick walk everywhere. Now, our pickiest member of our family, my sweet DH, was slow with his review, however I knew I got it right after he requested to take the boat to Downtown Disney one evening while me and the boys enjoyed the quiet pool by building 18 (closest for us). He came back with a gift for me for planning such a great trip for our family. We ate at the Riverside Mill four times and each time it was good and hot. The boys got to enjoy the feature pool on Old Man Island quite a few times and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. As much as we loved being at the Disney parks, we also loved spending time at the resort. Its relaxing feel made us relaxed and not hurried, unlike the feeling I used to get at All-Star Music (which I liked just fine and still do) that had me hurry everywhere. Since I find POR perfect for our budget, I am sure this will now be our go-to resort. I should mention that we are a family of five that included three boys, ages 10, 9, and 5 and we did not feel cramped in one room. The trundle bed is smaller but fit all my children just fine and they arranged a schedule so they would all get the privelege of sleeping on the floor.
ladybelle

Re: Home Sweet Home!

Unread post by ladybelle »

i'm glad you had a great time. i hate reading reports that all the reveiwer dose is nick pick the room. i can't waite untile december 2011 when i get to retune. i'll try and get a coner room.
peggyracer3

Re: Home Sweet Home!

Unread post by peggyracer3 »

POR wasn't my first choice of resorts this time; we had stayed at Caribbean Beach many years before a couple of times. But we fell in love with the resort. And it became apparent to me that there is much more to Disney than the parks.

ladybelle, we're coming back in Dec. of 2011, too, actually will start our trip as close to Nov. 29 as we can. I'm bringing my Disney buddy--my niece- for her 40th!