Riverside in January

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
thelling

Riverside in January

Unread post by thelling »

Just got back home. The rason for the visit was to participate in the marathon. (Great experience!) :P
We stayed at the Riverside lodge 36 from 1/7-1/14. We originally we given a room at Oak Manor but per my request was offered Alligator Bayou.

I did experience some trouble checking in. Ten days prior to leaving I checked in online to make check in quicker and earlier. Turned out when we arrived there were only 2 people working the check in counter and 6 families waiting. But the regular check-in had 6 people working and each family that walked up was immediately waited on while my line barely moved.

The room was nice. We stayed at French Quarter previously and the room was very similar, with the addition of the trundle bed which was great bonus. One drawback which I was aware of prior to selecting Alligator Bayou was no elevators. With a stroller and 2 kids on the second floor, I don’t think I’d opt for it again.

Buses averaged out fine. Sometimes we’d walk up and the bus would be turning the corner to pick us up and sometimes we’d wait 30+ minutes. That’s the way it goes. No complaints.

Food was good. We ate twice at Boatwrights for dinner and 3 breakfasts at Riversbend. We ate at approximately 8AM each morning and it wasn’t crowded. Food was good at both.

I had heard complaints about getting lost on the trails through Alligator bayou. We only got turned around once on our way from the lobby to the room on our first day, but after that we learned the turns and had no further problems.

Mousecleaning was fine. No complaints and nothing special.

I saw children swimming in the pools but I wasn’t brave enough to jump in.

I have no real complaints. We really enjoyed the stay and plan on returning next year.
:D