Trip report

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
mousegeezer

Trip report

Unread post by mousegeezer »

We were at POR January 30th to February 6, 2010. Our group had three rooms and we have absolutely no complaints. (Except the horrible weather) Everything was clean and everything worked. I want to tell you all about the best part of staying there, the housecleaning staff. My two year old grandson was in a room with his parents. He brought along his favorite stuffed animal, "Kitty." Each day we went to the parks Kitty got into mischief. Day one when they got back to the room, Kitty was sitting up on the bed watching TV. On day three Kitty must have been tired from watching TV and was snugly under the covers and napping with a washcloth bunny. Being well rested he was found the next day wearing sunglasses in front of the mirror with his hand in mom's make up bag.

I would like to thank Housekeeper Judy for entertaining my grandson and providing a smile every day! If you see her say hello and thank her again for us!

We ate in the food court several times and simply it is what it is. The food will never stimulate nor offend. For the off season it seemed busy and the restaurant staffs seemed very stressed and borderline cranky. We did not have the opportunity to eat at Boatwright's.

In general we did feel like Disney squeezed every nickle that they could from us during the entire week and we spent about a third more than we anticipated.