Riverside Stay Feb 9-16, 2010

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
shezamala

Riverside Stay Feb 9-16, 2010

Unread post by shezamala »

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside from Feb 9-16, 2010 and found it fairly nice. I would go again if the price is a really good value, but otherwise I wouldn't mind checking out some of the other Disney resorts.

We had asked for a corner room, near the food court, with a trundle bed and all requests were honored which was very nice. My 9 year old son found the trundle bed a little hard for his liking (would suit someone younger much better) and ended up sharing the bed with us after 2 nights on the trundle. Our room was in Alligator Bayou cabin 16.

The fridge in the room did not work properly (food would freeze and the temp. could not be adjusted) and the sinks did not hold water (would slowly leak even though they were plugged). Other than that, we found the room to our liking.

Housecleaning was okay but I kept having to leave notes to request coffee to be left for us. I left tips every couple days as was recommended on this site as the housecleaning will sometimes make towel animals. We did not have that. Just a clean room to come back to. My boys were looking forward to the animal creations as I had mentioned it to them before the trip.

We enjoyed dinner at Boatwright's on two separate occasions and found the food FABULOUS and the serving staff were wonderful! We highly recommend trying it!

The food court was decent. There was enough variety to change things up if you ate there often. One thing I found with all the quick service restaurants at Disney was that the children's menu did not have enough variety and the portions were small. My son practically lived off of chicken nuggets during our stay. I wish the children's menu matched the adult ones a little better for variety. Some of the serving staff/cashiers were very nice - others would ignore you or seem grouchy.

We spent a lot of money at Fulton's General Store - we were very pleased to see the variety of items they offer there. Also, we noticed that some items that were at the park stores were offered at Fulton's and were cheaper as well! It was great to get our shopping done in one place. The cashiers were very nice!

We also had a chance to use the boat service from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney. That is definitely a perk of the resort. The ride there was beautiful and you get to see some of the resorts that are for the vacation club (ie, the Treehouse Resort, etc...) BEAUTIFUL! Wish regular vacationers could stay there too!

The arcade token system kept breaking down during our stay which bummed out my sons.

The busing service was decent, but could get so packed. It was nice, however not to worry about transportation while on site.

A tip for groups of 4 or more traveling to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure - use a taxi service as opposed to Mear's Transportation. Mears is $17 per person round trip transfers but taxi is only approx. $30 each way.

We can not wait to go back. Hopefully, the weather will be a bit nicer the next time around. :?
peggyracer3

Re: Riverside Stay Feb 9-16, 2010

Unread post by peggyracer3 »

I definitely agree with 1) problems with fridge 2) shopping at Fulton's General Store and 3) boat to Downtown Disney! :lol: