POR March 7-12

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
dyscrazia

POR March 7-12

Unread post by dyscrazia »

My husband and I are gearing up for our trip to WDW! I'm so excited I can hardly sleep... feeling like a kid at Christmas hasn't happened to me much in my adult life, so this is a welcome feeling! We chose POR on recommendations from this site, and I will be posting a trip report when we return. Huzzah!
peggyracer3

Re: POR March 7-12

Unread post by peggyracer3 »

Have a great time! I'll be waiting to hear about your trip.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Have a magical time - in Walt Disney World everyone is allowed to feel like a kid again.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
ladybelle

Unread post by ladybelle »

i wish i were going with you. just a reminder get the map and study it. Also get the refillable mug; have a magical time :D
dyscrazia

Unread post by dyscrazia »

Oh the trip was beautiful! We were on the first floor of the Acadian House, right next to the path to the North bus depot. My parents had a room right next door to my husband and me, as requested. Check in was fast and painless because we had checked in online the week before. I do so highly recommend doing that!! Our rooms were clean and very nice looking and we will def be staying there again. Room service had done up little towel decorations on the bed and in the sinks. Very cute and oh so thematic! =) Each day we had new soaps and new decorations. Since we drove down to the park and met up with my parents who flew, we brought foods for breakfasts and ate in our room each morning. Room service took our trash out every day which was great since left over milk does not smell that great.

We did spend some time at the smaller pool by our building. When we went to the big pool a couple of days later we found that it was several degrees warmer than the small pool we had been swimming in. That made us happy, but also sad as the big pool was not as serene as the smaller ones. We also moseyed up to the Muddy Rivers pool bar. It was themed nicely, though the bar tenders didn't mix the drinks very well. That's a sad thing when you're paying those high prices for a drink.

We ate a lot of meals in the park on the dining plan (1 snack, 1 QS, and 1 Table/day), but we did eat at the food court twice on our last day there - breakfast and dinner. It was crowded because of the rain, but the food selection was excellent! The Bounty Plate (french toast or pancake, eggs, bacon, home fried potatoes & a biscuit) won over the breakfast table, though my dad did get a yogurt parfait made to order as well. The french toast was good, but we only got a slice of it. The eggs were standard fast food fare, as was the bacon. I love breads so of course the biscuit was a favorite of mine.

I had muffuletta for dinner and which was served cold but still great. The homemade potato chips were yummy too. My dad made his own pasta and couldn't stop singing its praises. My mom and husband both had the pizza and, true to what everyone else has said, were disappointed. We decided that when we go back we will either save two table service meal coupons or pony up the money to have the better pizza delivered to our rooms. Some other guests and the clerks spoken to said that the delivered pizza is very good.

The buses ran in good time. Very convenient except for our first night when the bus driver told us that the West depot was the North depot and we had to walk the whole way from West to North after a looooong day at the parks. But that was an isolated incident. There was very little crowding on the days we were there, and the transportation was so convenient. We even took the little boat from the resort to Downtown Disney (insert plug for Ragland Road Irish pub - lol!). It was really neat to sail past the other resorts on the river.

I can't say how happy this trip has made me. This website prepared me so well for what to expect from Port Orleans Riverside. The trip was as painless as it could be, and we will indeed be returning to our new WDW home away from home.
peggyracer3

Unread post by peggyracer3 »

I am so glad to hear that your trip was great. So many people had weather problems this winter. And a little later in March, the parks got very crowded. We loved Raglan Road, went there one day for lunch and returned for dinner the next night! Their Bailey's creme brulee was to die for.

We felt that our next trip would be back to POR, but now I'm leaning toward a splurge at Animal Kingdom Lodge in 2011. I'm sure we'll drop into Port Orleans for a visit!
roadkill6772

Unread post by roadkill6772 »

I happy you had a great time. I will be taking my family back to Disney in May and will be staying at POR for the first time. My wife is so excited to stay here after reading things from this site.

My oldest daughter will be turning 13 when we are down. She is looking forward to having fireworks on her birthday. She like pizza so i will have to let her know that the pizza is better when you have it delivered to the room. Does anyone know how much it costs for delivered pizza?