"Girls Only Trip -- A Success"

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
kmdisney

"Girls Only Trip -- A Success"

Unread post by kmdisney »

My daughter and I were at the resort from March 13th to March 20th celebrating my daughter’s 17th birthday. This was our first ever “Mom and Daughter” trip and we could not have asked for a more wonderful experience or a more beautiful resort.

We arrived late in the evening and I was very pleased to find that everything I had requested regarding our room location had been met perfectly. We had a beautiful “river view” in the Oak Manor building in a corner room on the second floor. Checking in was a breeze….our packet was ready and everyone at the counter was very friendly.

We went to the Riverside Mill almost every day and I want to let you know that every cast member, from the person behind the counter serving food to the cast member who checked us out, were extremely friendly and very helpful with any questions we may have had regarding a meal or our dining plan.

The morning of my daughter’s birthday I realized I had not packed her birthday card. I went over to Fulton’s General Store (I am sorry to say I forgot to get a name), but the cast member at the main register went above and beyond helping me obtain a birthday card. My daughter also received the “Happy Birthday” phone call from Mickey and Minnie on the morning of her birthday, and even turning 17, she still thought that was a great surprise.

The next to last day of our trip, I discovered I did not have my “key to the world” and we were in a hurry to make a dining reservation. The cast member at the Concierge desk was quick and efficient. She had me back in business within two minutes.

We have been to Disney World four times now and this was BY FAR the best trip we have had to date. We loved the resort and I look forward to “coming home” many more times in the future.
pchivvy

Re: "Girls Only Trip -- A Success"

Unread post by pchivvy »

Glad to see you had a good time- I have just booked to do this with my daughter next year. She will be 15. I am a little apprehensive, but also very excited. Did you feel safe around the park on your own? Any tips you can share?
kmdisney

Unread post by kmdisney »

We had a wonderful time and never felt unsafe for even a moment. We flew and did not rent a car, so we used the Disney transportation to go everywhere. We hired a wonderful car service for transportation from the airport to the resort. The name of the company is QuickSilver. I found out about them from another Disney related forum. Pricing was great and they were waiting in baggage claim when we arrived in Orlando and were prompt for pickup on our last day to return to the airport.

We did all of the evening Extra Magic Hours and never had a problem returning to the resort.

One thing I would suggest is to request a room close to the front of the resort. Since there was just the two of us, I did not want to be wandering around the resort late at night. We never felt unsafe, but I still wanted to be close to the front just as a precaution. I faxed in our request directly to the resort about 5 days before our arrival and the resort accomodated us completely. We stayed in Oak Manor with a river view and it was perfect. I believe building 14 in Alligator Bayou is right by the front if you prefer the Bayour side of the resort.

It was definitely a trip we will always remember. I know your daughter will be 15, mine was 17, but make a breakfast reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table for one day of the trip. No matter what the age, they still like the attention they receive upon entering the castle. We had the dining plan and used two table service meals for the reservation. That included gratuity and pictures of my daughter with Cinderella. The breakfast reservation lets you into the park before opening.

Also, make sure to get a PhotoPass from one of the park photographers on your first day in the parks. Have them take your pictures whenever you see one of the park photographers. We did this in every park and have great pictures to remember the trip!

I hope you have as wonderful a time as we did and can't wait to see your review.
roadkill6772

Unread post by roadkill6772 »

My daughter turned 13 on the Friday and I made sure I told the front desk about her birthday and had them call her the morning of her birthday. She also got a photopass card as a gift which gives us 20% off the purchase of the pics.

I think 14, 17 or even 27 are good choices in the bayou. We stayed at 27 which is off the main path to the front as well as close to the big pool and private pool.