Our Second Stay At Riverside

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
debbiedunnit

Our Second Stay At Riverside

Unread post by debbiedunnit »

We just returned from our second stay at Riverside from April 25th to May 2nd and we had a lovely time at the resort. We were given a handicapped room as per my request which was a corner room with two windows in building 14. I had requested to be in Oak Manor but because of my handicap the Cast Member explained at checkin I was placed in Aligator Bayou building 14. When we got to the room and saw the location and how close it was to everything I was glad that the room assigner made the choice to put us where they did instead of where I had requested because I would have had a more difficult time trying to get to the main Lobby for dinner and to the buses. The room was large with a king bed and was very convenient to the main lobby and the South Bus Stop. We ate at Boatwrights for dinner three times and our meals were delicious. We were celebrating our birthdays and we were given balloons and were sung too and wree given treats to take back to our room to enjoy at our leisure. The resort is beautiful and well maintained. The room was spotless and our mousekeeper made us many cute animals out of towels for us. We were just as thrilled with our second visit as we were with our first visit last year and can't say enough about how beautiful Riverside is and how nicely it is maintained. We were very comfortable during our stay, enjoyed the lush landscaping, swam in the pool and had some great meals - we didn't want to leave.
peggyracer3

Re: Our Second Stary At Riverside

Unread post by peggyracer3 »

I'm confused. Don't you have to go up a few steps to all the rooms in Alligator Bayou, even on the first floor? How can this be accessible, if you need to get in with a wheelchair or mobility scooter?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

There are some ramps/slopes up to the raised Alligator Bayou walkways, it's not all steps - especially with building 14 which has a number of Accessible rooms.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
peggyracer3

Unread post by peggyracer3 »

The CMs who take reservations on the phone have no clue about that...
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

peggyracer3 wrote:The CMs who take reservations on the phone have no clue about that...
Unfortunately, that whole statement could be cut'n'pasted to answer so many different questions...

Don't get me wrong, there are some very good and knowledgeable CMs at the reservations center, but there are also some for whom it's just a job and they may not know exactly every detail about every resort. The problem is that when they give out incorrect information, they tend to do it with a degree of presumed authority.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
debbiedunnit

Unread post by debbiedunnit »

We had room 1401 which had a ramp right outside of the door which made it very accessible. There were more ramps at the building with a few other accessible rooms too. All I know is that it was quite easy for me to use my walker and wheelchair without having to deal with steps.
IceyLyn

Unread post by IceyLyn »

Just a quick note:
The cast members who work at the front desk, or behind in the back office, are aware of the layout of all of the buildings at POR, and by law all buildings are handicap accessible. The only exception are the AB second floor.

I'm glad to hear there were some very positive experiences.

Thank you