June 5-11 stay

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
poegirl30

June 5-11 stay

Unread post by poegirl30 »

Our family of 5 just returned from our stay at POR 6.05-6.11.10. We stayed in AB building 25, although I had requested both ground floor and something closer to the main hall, I did get the ground floor request filled, but not the second request. (We were near the West Depot.) This was our second stay at POR, and we loved it! We did see baby garter snakes, bullfrogs, lizards, and lots of squirrels. We were on the Disney Dining plan, and the food court was an amazing way to use quick service meals. My favorite was the pasta bowls, and my husband loved the salads. The kids liked the pizza, pasta, and chicken. We did have several scary incidents with illness; my 15 yr old son had a severe allergic reaction, but after calling the front desk, they patched us through the emergency system, and an ambulance was at our hotel door within 5-6 minutes, and POR security was there within 2-3 minutes. They helped us getting scripts filled and delivered to the hotel, and they also called to check on us several times during our stay. When I had to go to a walk in clinic for bronchitis towards the end of our stay, they gave us a map to the clinic, along with great directions, and really bent over backwards to help us make the best of it. I also ordered a cake from the bakery for my daughter's graduation, and it was amazing. The bus system was better than I expected, especially after Illuminations and EMH at Animal Kingdom. We didn't wait more than 20-25 minutes for a bus the entire time. The quiet pool was wonderful, and the kids loved the big pool with the slide. My 18 yr old daughter slept on the trundle bed some of the time, but my husband did sleep on it one night, and said it was OK. We loved POR, and recommend it highly!
disneydiva

Re: June 5-11 stay

Unread post by disneydiva »

I hate to hear about your rough start to your vacation. I am so glad to hear that the staff at POR took good care of you guys. :D