POR trip - 6/27 - 7/3

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
christiedaprix

POR trip - 6/27 - 7/3

Unread post by christiedaprix »

My 11 year old daughter and I just returned home from a week at Port Orleans Riverside. We had a wonderful time, and were totally spoiled by the cast members. I did the online check in a few days prior to our arrival, so when we got to the resort we had no wait. I had faxed the resort earlier in the week with our request for Alligator Bayou and a building close to the amenities, and was delighted with the results.

We were housed in building 14 at Alligator Bayou, which was the perfect location. We had a corner room on the second floor overlooking the river. We couldn't have been happier with our room, and Mousekeeping was wonderful. Our room was exceptionally clean each day, and we were greeted with towel art each day as well. My daughter's favorite stuffed animal was also well cared for - he enjoyed a hammock attached to the window blinds one day, and another day was found to be reading! Although building 14 is on a busy, high traffic path, it was not noisy at all.

We ate at Boatwrights one evening, which was lovely. The food was excellent, as was the service. Our server, Wendy, was the best. She spent some time getting to know us a bit, and gave my daughter a balloon and beads to celebrate her elementry school graduation. We also dined at the food court on several occassions. The food was fine, considering hundreds of people are being served during every meal. We did purchase the refillable mugs, which I found to be worth the cost.

We did get to spend some time at the pool, and had a great time. The grounds all around the resort are beautiful and very nicely maintained. We also took advantage of the boat going to Downtown Disney, and it was relaxing and scenic. There was usually a 20-25 minute wait for the busses to the parks in the morning, but I would guess at this time of the year it's to be expected.

We couldn't have been more delighted with our stay at Port Orleans Riverside. Our biggest disappointment was that we had to leave!