Riverside stay 20th October this year [2010] for 2 weeks

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
jaffa

Riverside stay 20th October this year [2010] for 2 weeks

Unread post by jaffa »

This was our 1st visit to Disney and after much deliberation and research (this site amongst others was very helpful) on whether to stay off site and use a car or stay onsite and use the buses and taxis for other theme parks we chose to stay at Port Orleans Riverside.

We had a fantastic time and can't think of any major negatives about anything to do with our trip.

I faxed a request to stay in the Alligator Bayou section, not too far from the dining complex. We were in building 18, a short walk from the food court and one of the smaller swimming pools about a minutes walk away,perfect. Mousekeeping was good, towels replaced frequently and plenty of towel animals left which impressed the kids!

We were already on the the quick service dining plan as part of our deal. Plenty of choice at breakfast, would recommend getting there before 9am as it seemed to be very crowded if you did not get an early start. We were out early most days so always got a table and the queues were not too long. Staff very helpful and polite.

Found the lunch and dinner options ok but have to admit it was nice to visit a couple of restaurants at Downtown Disney to get a break from it!!

The gardens and surrounding areas were immaculate and the boat service to Dowtown was a bonus. There were bikes and boats to hire plus a horse and carriage ride to take if you wished. Plenty of wildlife about as well

The weather was superb, was expecting afternoon storms but only rained twice on our last 2 days.

The buses run frequently, we always got on one and never had to wait more than 15 minutes but sometimes it was standing room only, but I had no problem with this.

We also had tickets for Discovery Cove,Seaworld and Universal/IOA (all fantastic) and asked the bell service to call us taxis which were metered mears cabs and these arrived very quickly.

A fantastic holiday and i would recommend this resort to anybody without hesitation.

Now to start saving again :)
momtotaryn

Re: Riverside stay 20th October this year for 2 weeks

Unread post by momtotaryn »

Happy to hear you had a good time! :)
kath2me

Unread post by kath2me »

nice report,,

I'm going down this Oct for a few days, mostly to experience both the food and wine and MNSSHP for the 1st time, we have been to MVMCP a few times, but am looking forward to seing the park at Halloween time..
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

kath2me wrote:I'm going down this Oct for a few days, mostly to experience both the food and wine and MNSSHP for the 1st time, we have been to MVMCP a few times, but am looking forward to seing the park at Halloween time..
Good choice, the parks are generally not too busy then and the Halloween party is great fun.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -