Home from a wonderful week at POR

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
disneylover

Home from a wonderful week at POR

Unread post by disneylover »

Just returned home from another fabulous week at Disney!!! We loved POR and will stay there again in the future. I must say that Boatwrights was the best meal that we booked. It was awesome! I highly recommend the tenderloin medalions and the bread pudding with rum raisin ice cream. It's too die for! We are already planning the next trip!
RumbleseatCat

Re: Home from a wonderful week at POR

Unread post by RumbleseatCat »

Glad to hear Dinner at Boatwrights is good--I''ve read mixed reviews.
We've only ate at Boatwrights when it served breakfast, which has been awhile.
I want to eat there for dinner on our next trip.
LisaTC

Unread post by LisaTC »

Boy am I glad to hear this as well, as I've heard mixed and since we are likely to eat their on our first day, this is reassuring. Thanks! 8-)
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

We've eaten at Boatwright's a couple of time over the past year or two and really enjoyed it. I wish we'd gone more often in fact, it's right on our doorstep when we're staying at POR but somehow we didn't got around to eating there for years.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
jodeeee4

Unread post by jodeeee4 »

I am on the fence as well about dining at Boatwrights. I am a cajun girl from LA and grew up with real cajun food. I have been disappointed in so-called cajun restaraunts in the past. Will I be disappointed in Boatwrights? Or is it worth the visit? Anyone have any thoughts on this?
LisaTC

Unread post by LisaTC »

jodeeee4 wrote:I am on the fence as well about dining at Boatwrights. I am a cajun girl from LA and grew up with real cajun food. I have been disappointed in so-called cajun restaraunts in the past. Will I be disappointed in Boatwrights? Or is it worth the visit? Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Kinda interested in this answer as well. I've had 2 bosses from LA and have been to some fine Cajun restaurants and spoiled by some good cajun cooking. I would say, tho', if you go in assuming it will be nothing like your momma's cooking, then you won't be disappointed!
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I haven't eaten real cajun cooking, but my tastes are fairly mild to be honest. I'd say this is probably "Disney cajun" rather than all-out accurate.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
jodeeee4

Unread post by jodeeee4 »

That's what I figured.
UnlikelyDisFan

Unread post by UnlikelyDisFan »

jodeeee4 wrote:That's what I figured.
I would say that to expect real Cajun would be a stretch, better to think of it as they have some very very good middle of the road low south food. Not going to really wow you with their gumbo, dirty rice, or jambalaya but they are going to stay to the right side of flavor.
kumpken

Unread post by kumpken »

I've been to Boatrights on several occasions and to be honest I never got the cajun feel. The food was terrific, as was the service. I guess it depends on what you order, but again, I never saw any reference to cajun food.
mahake

Unread post by mahake »

We ate at Boatwrights 2 years ago and I thought it was great for a resort dining. We are going again in 4 weeks and I cannot wait. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside again, we love it there. Has anyone been to Boma's, we made reservations there and I wanted to see what people thought of it. Peace out: Disney Freak