Back from POR

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
kaffinito

Back from POR

Unread post by kaffinito »

I checked into POR for the second half of my solo trip on the 19th and stayed until the 22nd. Check in was super easy, with no line or wait. My room request of ground floor was met, and I was sort of close to two DSA's. I had requested a preferred room and was in building 14 with two doubles. The room was clean and dust free.

The resort is very beautiful, very green, and with a lot of wildlife. I saw an armadillo, a large heron, a very small alligator, several Monarch butterflies, a lot of squirrels, and there were also mosquitos thrown into the mix. I also saw some "love bugs" which were a surprise to me. I usually miss love bug season. There was also a large black snake at the main pool, so I left because I couldn't remember if they were poisonous or could climb tress.

The bus service going to the parks was great - longest wait was 15 minutes for a bus to EPCOT. We didn't stop off at POFQ. Getting back was another story though - it took a while for buses to go back to POR from DHS, EPCOT, and MK.

My last day I waited 25 minutes for a bus back to POR, then ended up getting on the "Arctic Express" bus to POFQ figuring I'd walk back to POR. As we got to POFQ, the driver said he was being sent over to POR and would take me there, but I refused due to my blue lips and chattering teeth.

The walk from the main pool at POFQ to the lobby of POR took me 7:36. I walked slowly so I could get a good feel for how long it would take a normal walker to get there. The walk really is quite pleasant, and it looks longer than it actually takes.

The food court at POR was more crowded and with long lines. It was definitely a peak season, and the resort was at capacity. At 10:30 am it was standing room only at the food court, but it was empty at 6:00 am and in the early and late evenings.

Of course it was lovely wandering around the resort, and I loved the quiet pool by building 18. The main pool was crowded, but there were some chairs available, as well as some tables. The water in the main pool was cold!

My stay at POR was a lovely relaxing end to my trip. I can still honestly recommend POR to anyone.