Mini Trip Report 2/21 to 2/27

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
emh1960

Mini Trip Report 2/21 to 2/27

Unread post by emh1960 »

Our first visit to POR was good. I really liked this resort. My new favorite. Yee ha Bob was in the lounge almost every night. We got Queen beds in Acadian House, 8034. Renovations were fresh and nice, we did have a bit of a problem with temperature regulation, it was either too cold or too hot. Good housekeeping. Got a lovely towel swan. Got the refillable mugs. No Powerade that we could see at the drink stations. Long walk to Food Court, but right by North Depot. I got a follow up call from Guest Communications a few days before we left saying the room inventory manager had assigned us the Queens. I had called, emailed and sent a snail mail about my concerns because Queens were described when I booked for the Garden Rooms. They were not too friendly about the whole thing, and it really soured me on Guest Communications Disney Management. I did not let that influence my trip. We really loved it there, it definitely is the best Moderate! Most people working at the resort were friendly. The check in desk clerk was a little sour though! Didn't let it bother us, hope it was just a fluke. I really think Disney should make sure they have the over-the-top super friendly associates at check in. You're spending so much to be there, you want to feel happy about maxing out your credit card! We ate at Boatwrights, it was great and the waiter was very friendly. It sure was busy there though! Princess half marathon, Presidents Day, All Star Basketball weekend, really ramped up the crowds. Bus rides were not long, we saw lots of double trips and wonder if going during a peak week really helps you with shorter waits for transportation. Crowds seemed to thin out on Saturday, but by Sunday and Monday it was really busy again.

Re: Mini Trip Report 2/21 to 2/27

Unread post by pdrazine »

We were in that same area of POR in December and had problems with room temperature also! The main building was a long walk, but the North Depot was great. I have another trip planned at the end of this year and have reserved POFQ this time. With all the Royal Rooms, there's not a lot else at POR anymore.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

pdrazine wrote:With all the Royal Rooms, there's not a lot else at POR anymore.
What, apart from the 1,024 rooms in Alligator Bayou and the 512 non-Royal rooms in Magnolia Bend you mean? :) They've only converted 2 out of 18 buildings into Royal Rooms.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
pdrazine

I'm not interested in AB.
fmaggio

Unread post by fmaggio »

We stayed at Alligator Bayou 1447, recently renovated and were very impressed. The location is also the best of POR.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

pdrazine wrote:I'm not interested in AB.
Fair enough, so only 512 rooms left for you to choose from, in Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace. How many rooms do you need?

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
pdrazine

I've had a rather bad experience (actually several) because of the resort size and what it was lacking that I really don't care to go into.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Fair enough, hope you enjoy your stay at POFQ.

Andre
Michalhassi

Unread post by Michalhassi »

Great trip you had done, it is good for those who want break from daily routine working tensions. This mini trip is better for family to come close with each others. I like your story and trip place.
Keep it up...