Great Resort & Destination

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
Jaybee

Great Resort & Destination

Unread post by Jaybee »

Wife and I just returned from a five night stay at POR's Parterre Mansion. Our room was terrific-perhaps a bit over the top on the decor. But that's OK-it was part of the atmosphere. The landscaping, grounds, and attention to architectural detail are impeccable. Hats off to Disney's designers and maintenance staff! POR really has the feel of the old south, with a lazy river meandering through the magnolia trees lined banks.

Also, we didn't encounter a single discourteous or rude Disney employee. And that applies not only to the POR Resort, but also all four of the amusement parks. I would highly recommend Disneyworld for a destination vacation-and POR as a great place to stay.
Last edited by Jaybee on October 18th, 2012, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brock13

Re: Great Resort & Destination

Unread post by Brock13 »

Ya it seems look interesting point thought your post description. But which duration is considering best for visiting there...? I'm also visiting there on my wedding ceremony and want to give this trip as a gist for my wife.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Great Resort & Destination

Unread post by Admin »

Are you getting married in Florida, or visiting Florida after the ceremony (as your honeymoon)?

People choose lots of different lengths of stay, from a couple of days upwards, but if you're coming from overseas (and your IP address indicates you are posting from Pakistan) then 14 days is a common duration and you can easily fill that time with everything there is to do there - not only at Disney but in the wider area.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -