POR Stay 1st to 7th April

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
Scooter

POR Stay 1st to 7th April

Unread post by Scooter »

Our family had our first visit to WDW staying in connecting rooms in building 24 in Alligator Bayou. Rooms were fine, plenty of space and quiet (apart from the AC which took a bit of getting used to!) This building is near a quiet pool which was always uncrowded even when Ol Man Island was very busy, and very near the West bus stop. Mousekeeping was excellent - not many towel animals but one night we came home to our daughters toys 'watching' tv! We never had any problems getting on a bus - this often seemed to be the first stop in the morning and second to be dropped off after French Quarter guests. Although it was a good 5 minute walk from main building and foodcourt, as others have said, the fabulous landscaping meant we didn't mind the walk.

Food court probably was better than we expected and my husband's parents enjoyed their meal at Boatwright's. We thought the build your own pasta and daily roast with vegetables were particularly good if you were looking for a break from theme park fast food. We hired a surrey bike one morning and that was great fun - 4 adults and 2 kids on one! The boat to DTD was also a nice ride.

After we left POR we had one night at the Wilderness Lodge and then one night at the Polynesian. We did notice a difference with the rooms at the Poly being much bigger and better equipped (plus quiet AC!) but certainly didn't feel as much difference with the WL. If we come back I'm sure we'd be happy at POR!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: POR Stay 1st to 7th April

Unread post by Admin »

Thanks for the review, I'm glad you had a good time. For the extra money the Poly obviously offers you plenty of plusses, but POR is still a great place to stay - air con noise aside.... :)

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -