Which is your favourite area at Port Orleans? VOTE NOW

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.

Which area of the Port Orleans Resort do you prefer?

French Quarter
37%
Riverside - Alligator Bayou
26%
Riverside - Magnolia Bend (mansion buildings)
24%
Riverside - Royal Guest Rooms
5%
Riverside - Any Location, just surprise me!
3%
No Preference, just happy to be anywhere at Port Orleans!
5%

Total votes: 148

Nicola74

Re: Which is your favourite area at Port Orleans? VOTE NOW

Unread post by Nicola74 »

We booked a royal room with a garden view then put in a fax request for a high floor near to the bridge over to the main building. We were on the corner of Parterre Place, in actual fact they gave us a corner room with a river view, so we were very lucky.

Often people say that Parterre is a long way out and I think some parts are, but the part we were in was near the bridge and the quiet pool and the walk to the main lobby was 5 minutes away. Perfect for us. The rooms near us that would have been classed garden view did also have a lovely view. We were across the river from the car park but that didn't even occur to me until someone on one of the forums described the river view rooms as car park view rooms. We couldn't really see the cars, which were a distance away over the water and I would never say it was a car park view in my opinion. The theming is so good that most views are enjoyable - and you're in WDW.

We have debated here at home over whether it is worth upgrading for a view as once you're there, you don't spend that much of your time out there and we go round in circles. For us, the kids really wanted a Royal Room and I wanted the mansions side. The difficult thing for us in the future is they gave us such a great spot that we'd keep wanting to go back there. If there's an area you like after researching, I would follow Andre's excellent advice and send a fax request through a few days before you go asking for a little Disney Magic
NornIron

Unread post by NornIron »

Thank you guys once again for some very good advice. Steve - room choices on WDW UK site list one as Standard Room - King, which as I say is £105 extra for the week over Standard Room. Anyway, taking comments onboard and thinking about it, we don't really need a King room, two Queens will be more than adequate.

If I've picked it up right, do AB rooms have an extra small bed (which we have no need of), while Mansion rooms have extra drawer space instead, which would be of more use?
MardiGroggy

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

Yes, you picked it up correctly. :D
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
Nicola74

Unread post by Nicola74 »

If there's just the 2 of you then a mansions room in my opinion for the drawer space. We had 4 of us in the Royal room. We used all the storage available and could have done with a bit more but for 2 of you, you won't have that problem and if you stick with 2 beds you can make use of the other bed too to put things on. When we travelled pre kids we used the other bed to pile up the goodies we bought for going home. Overall space wise, we were perfectly comfortable, didn't get under each other's feet.
bobbrger

Unread post by bobbrger »

French quarter!
Andrew H

Unread post by Andrew H »

My wife and I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside many times, going back to the days of it being called Dixie Landings. We always request the Magnolia Bend mansions - we just love the walk along the river and across the bridges to Reception, Boatwrights and the food court. The grounds are beautifully maintained and peaceful, yet truly magical!
wvugirl2007

Unread post by wvugirl2007 »

I haven’t voted yet because our trip in December will make my decision. I stayed in Alligator Bayou with my parents and brother in 2000. 2004 I stayed at Magnolia Bend with my fiancé. We are now returning in December to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary at the French Quarter. So while I liked Magnolia Bend more than Alligator Bayou I’m going to wait and see if the French Quarter is the top spot or is it Magnolia.
Trisha

Unread post by Trisha »

I just love how quiet it is there, and how compact it is. We were considering BC for our next trip, but have reconsidered and are going to return to FQ. I think I like that fact that there is only one bus stop as well.
Jamesrogan

Unread post by Jamesrogan »

i thing French Quarter is best :)
JackMcConnick

Unread post by JackMcConnick »

+1 for Alligator Bayou.

[Hidden Spam Link Removed --- Admin]
"The problem with quotes found on Internet is that they are often not true"
Brucedg

Unread post by Brucedg »

Cool :D
MarkSabier14

Unread post by MarkSabier14 »

wvugirl2007 wrote: March 25th, 2018, 12:02 am I haven’t voted yet because our trip in December will make my decision. I stayed in Alligator Bayou with my parents and brother in 2000. 2004 I stayed at Magnolia Bend with my fiancé. We are now returning in December to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary at the French Quarter. So while I liked Magnolia Bend more than Alligator Bayou I’m going to wait and see if the French Quarter is the top spot or is it Magnolia.
I really liked the French Quarter, for me, it is the best place to relax!
jikim

Unread post by jikim »

Riverside - Alligator Bayou is my favorite area, and not only mine but also my children's ;)