Wheelchair ramps in Alligator Bayou buildings

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
maisie

Wheelchair ramps in Alligator Bayou buildings

Unread post by maisie »

Does anyone know if the first floor rooms in all of theAlligator Bayou buildings have wheelchair ramp access?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wheelchair ramps in Alligator Bayou buildings

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, all of the buildings have wheelchair accessible routes. The ones closer to the main building have more.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
DisneySOS

Unread post by DisneySOS »

Admin wrote:Yes, all of the buildings have wheelchair accessible routes. The ones closer to the main building have more.

Andre
I have a preferred room booked in August. My mom will have a scooter, do you recommend a certain building? This was an older post so I'm not sure if they've added more to the other buildings since then.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

All of the buildings have at least one ramped access point, but do remember that there are no elevators in Alligator Bayou so it would be a good idea to let them know in advance that you will be needing a ground-floor room for access with an ECV.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
DisneySOS

Unread post by DisneySOS »

Admin wrote:All of the buildings have at least one ramped access point, but do remember that there are no elevators in Alligator Bayou so it would be a good idea to let them know in advance that you will be needing a ground-floor room for access with an ECV.

Andre
Yes, I told them I needed a 1st floor room and they said they would make note but it wasn't guaranteed. I then told them well if I can't get a ground floor room, I'll need a nice strong guy to carry both my mom & her scooter up the stairs, told them extra tip if he's good looking - that got quite the laugh from the cast member who told me he would make note she was traveling with one!