Pool or River View?

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Redrach1903

Pool or River View?

Unread post by Redrach1903 »

Hi guys!

Heading to POR in May! I have decided to request Magnolia Bend and I have already paid for a pool view room, but now I'm wondering if a river view would be nicer? Is the cost the same? Can anyone give any info?

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pool or River View?

Unread post by Admin »

River View guarantees you a nice location within fairly short walking distance to the main buildings and the feature pool, whereas with Pool View you could be located quite a distance away (don't forget your request for Magnolia Bend might not get granted). In fact, the River View rooms in building 14 are about the best located on property and I love staying there.

River View used to be about $5/night more expensive than Pool View, but with the current rather more muddled pricing structure, River View can sometimes even be cheaper, depending on the time of year.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
NornIron

Unread post by NornIron »

Admin wrote: In fact, the River View rooms in building 14 are about the best located on property and I love staying there.
Andre
Hi Andre

That's interesting what you say about building 14. I'll be booking shortly for next October and was thinking of going for a preferred room to guarantee proximity to the main building, pool, etc. However, I would also be interested in a river view but if I read things right, booking a river view room is no guarantee that you'll be close to the main amenities.

Would I therefore be better to book a preferred room and request a river view in building 14 then? I'd also like an upper floor corner room, but maybe that's just pushing it a bit! :lol: ;) For our week in question, a preferred room works out £105 more expensive than a standard one, whereas a river view room is £168 more expensive.

By the way, would you have any pictures of building 14 and views from it?

Thanks! :)
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

It depends on which is more important to you, the river view or the location.

To be honest, all of the river view rooms are pretty centrally located - OK, not quite as close as building 14 of course, but still only a fairly short and pleasant walk away from the main buildings (some of them via the bridge across Ol Man Island). None will be the sort of trek that a standard room could possibly be though. If you book River View you can still request building 14 anyway, but in the knowledge that if you don't get it none of the alternatives are bad. But if you book preferred and don't get your request met, you could be facing the parking lot.

There are tons of view of AB in the Gallery, but here's one from an upper floor River View room in building 14 - actually the furthest corner of the block of river view rooms in building 14, but still less than a minute's walk from the food court:

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -