Mardi Gras 2017

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
beckiratch

Mardi Gras 2017

Unread post by beckiratch »

So glad I found this site! We are planning to visit PO -Riverside Feb 25- March 9th 2017 and just realized that is during Mardi Gras! Any advice? Is it extra crowded during this time? This is our first trip and dream come true for us so I am trying to make everything as wonderful as possible..Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mardi Gras 2017

Unread post by Admin »

Mardi Gras does not add crowds in itself, but President's Day week certainly does get very busy and they often fall in the same week. Not sure if 2017 occurs that way or not.

There's a fun little decorated parade that the cast members put on on Mardi Gras Tuesday which is worth looking out for.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
curseoftheninja

Unread post by curseoftheninja »

Ironically, a lot of people from the New Orleans area go to Disney during Mardi Gras break. Schools are out here during that time, so they take advantage of bringing the kids during the "off season."

In regards to crowds, I've never been during this time. I'm sure the impact is negligible.
nolazach

Unread post by nolazach »

I'm going this week as well. I live in NOLA, but get tired of Mardi Gras so we usually only stay in NOLA every other year and then travel to other places and take advantage of the holiday that most don't have off.

I have gone to Disney twice during Mardi Gras and found it not to be that crowded, but it will be full of people wearing purple and gold or black and gold.
(or purple, green and gold)

This is my first stay at PO, and my friends are giving me heck for escaping Mardi Gras to go stay at a New Orleans themed hotel. :D