Tipping to Bell

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
royhan

Tipping to Bell

Unread post by royhan »

When my daughter, her husband and two young daughters arrive at POR next month - for their first visit there - I have recommended that they ask bell services to transport them and their luggage to the Royal Rooms. What tip should they give ? Also, they are planning to leave two bags at bell while they spend three days in Clearwater. Again, what tip should they give to bell? Thank you.
RiverRooster

Re: Tipping to Bell

Unread post by RiverRooster »

Andre does a great job of addressing this on the FAQ page: http://www.portorleans.org/faqs.php
I try to tip a little above the recommended amount, but as frequent guest I have come to know quite a few of the cast members and tend to tip a little higher whenever I say there. When I leave bags overnight or for a day or two I tip when dropping off and picking up.
royhan

Unread post by royhan »

Thank you for your reply. However, it doesn't totally answer my question. I would like to know how much my daughter should tip bell for transporting the family and bags to their room. Also, how much should she tip for leaving two bags for three days at bell services.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Bell Services don't officially offer a people carrying service, although if they have space in the pargo, and a CM is available to go straight away, they will often help out. However they may say that they will bring the bags up to the room within the next half an hour or so if they are very busy, in which case I'd suggest walking.

As far as bags go, tip about a dollar per bag, perhaps adding a couple of dollars for the lift if you happen to get one. No need to tip for the storage service though as that's supplied by Disney, just tip the person who actually carries your bags to/from your room.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
royhan

Unread post by royhan »

Thank you very much Andre. I'll pass your comments on to my daughter.