First time at PO:R have two 8am ADRs, best way to get to MK?

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
nolazach

First time at PO:R have two 8am ADRs, best way to get to MK?

Unread post by nolazach »

Have early ADRs, not sure on if we should trust the busses or just drive or Uber.

If we Uber, where do you get picked up at PO, and how do you get closest to MK? Contemporary?

I guess the plus side to the bus is to skip the TTC. About how much is the Uber and do you need an Uber XL if you have four people?

If I took the bus what time should I leave to get to MK for a 8:00 ADR at Be Our Guest? Similar question for an 8am at Askershus.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: First time at PO:R have two 8am ADRs, best way to get to

Unread post by Admin »

Sounds like you've thought most of this through, but as general advice bus is probably best for the Magic Kingdom. If you drive or get a taxi/Uber, as you say, you will end up at the Ticket and Transportation Center, which is over a mile away from the park and you'll need to then take a monorail or ferryboat to get to the park itself. It's a great way to arrive in style on your first ever visit to the MK if you've never been before, but as a returning guest I'd suggest using the buses which drop you off much closer. You could get a taxi to take you to the Contemporary, but even then you're further away than the bus stop. It would mean less waiting around though, and you can get a taxi or Uber from the front porch area of the hotel, next to Bell Services.

By bus, for an 8am ADR, I would normally suggest being at the South POR bus stop no later than 7am to allow plenty of time without having to rush. Not really any different for Akershus - the bus ride is shorter, but it's a slightly longer walk once you are in the park.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -