Port Orleans NEWBIES

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Meg9514

Port Orleans NEWBIES

Unread post by Meg9514 »

Hi! I, Meg, have been to WDW twice...once in 2010, my family planned the trip and we stayed at the Contemporary, and this past September my husband and I stayed at All Star Sports for our Disneymoon. We're planning on going again December of 2018 (so far, I wish it could be this December, LOL.) And we will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I am SO EXCITED, it looks beautiful.

Now here's my question. My husband wants to stay in Alligator Bayou so we're going to book a Preferred Room. But, is there a way to request a corner room? He thinks the cute little extra window with a seating area is great, haha. I guess it's the little things in life, right?? ;) Thanks in advance and if there are any other tips you've got, I'm all ears. Thank you!
MardiGroggy

Re: Port Orleans NEWBIES

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

Welcome Meg! WDW is fantastic in December (in any year), so I'm sure you will have a great time. Both Port Orleans resorts get all decked out for the holidays, so make sure you plan to stop by French Quarter while you are here. There are some great photos on this website, including from the holidays. Check out some of John Schmidt's (RiverRooster) Christmas photos in his album on the Gallery page. There are a lot of great things to do throughout WDW at that time of year, but you have plenty of time to research and ask questions.

As far as your AB corner room goes, check out this page for specifics on making requests: http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php. I usually call reservations and have such a request added to my reservation notes, and then follow up with a fax a few days before arriving. I am rarely disappointed with the results. Just remember that they are only requests and sometimes they can't come through. But if you don't ask, you'll never know. Since you are paying for a Preferred Room, you will be near the main building no matter what else happens.

Let us know if you have other questions. Some of us here have spent a lot of time at Port Orleans during the Christmas holidays, so we probably have some (hopefully) useful advice. We usually are there sometime between Thanksgiving and mid-December, before it gets too crowded with the Christmas rush. The weather in cooler than September, so that is another "plus."

Enjoy your planning!
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
Meg9514

Re: Port Orleans NEWBIES

Unread post by Meg9514 »

MardiGroggy wrote:Welcome Meg! WDW is fantastic in December (in any year), so I'm sure you will have a great time. Both Port Orleans resorts get all decked out for the holidays, so make sure you plan to stop by French Quarter while you are here. There are some great photos on this website, including from the holidays. Check out some of John Schmidt's (RiverRooster) Christmas photos in his album on the Gallery page. There are a lot of great things to do throughout WDW at that time of year, but you have plenty of time to research and ask questions.

As far as your AB corner room goes, check out this page for specifics on making requests: http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php. I usually call reservations and have such a request added to my reservation notes, and then follow up with a fax a few days before arriving. I am rarely disappointed with the results. Just remember that they are only requests and sometimes they can't come through. But if you don't ask, you'll never know. Since you are paying for a Preferred Room, you will be near the main building no matter what else happens.

Let us know if you have other questions. Some of us here have spent a lot of time at Port Orleans during the Christmas holidays, so we probably have some (hopefully) useful advice. We usually are there sometime between Thanksgiving and mid-December, before it gets too crowded with the Christmas rush. The weather in cooler than September, so that is another "plus."

Enjoy your planning!
Thank you!! I'll be sure to check out those photos!