Possibly a silly booking question

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Meg9514

Possibly a silly booking question

Unread post by Meg9514 »

Ok guys, bear with me here. And if this isn't allowed since it's not Port Orleans specific, I apologize. I know this might sound silly BUT I'm one of those anxious overthinkers who asks a million questions for every different scenario, even if I might know the answer or if the scenario I'm imagining isn't possible. :lol:

ANYWHOO. As I've posted in a previous thread, I'm going to be booking our December 2018 (12/3-12/10 to be exact) trip to Riverside on Saturday, right at the 499 day mark. I've spoken to two CMs who assured me I can book online, and what time I'll be able to book. In the meantime, I've been playing around on the WDW site. Obviously the farthest out you can book, if you were to book today, is to 12/6/2018. So I was just curious about rates and tried to book from 11/29-12/6, but I was met with the "There are no rooms available" message. But if I try to book earlier from 11/26-12/6, there are plenty of rooms available. I'm just doing this to kind of see what the room rates are on the website. Why is it that one time frame there's NOTHING, but if I just add 3 days on, there's plenty? Is it just Disney being weird? I'm just worried that I won't be able to book what I want on Saturday, which I know may sound ridiculous. I'm just excited, hahaha. Thanks in advance!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Possibly a silly booking question

Unread post by Admin »

It could just be a glitch, or it could be that one of the dates in the block is sold out for some reason (perhaps some sort of special event?). It does seem very unlikely that far out though. Try checking for a one-person overnight booking, checked day by day, and see if one date (or one booking category on different dates) is causing the problem. You're not catching Thanksgiving weekend with your dates are you?

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Meg9514

Unread post by Meg9514 »

No, it's a Monday to a Monday, the first week in December. I feel like it's maybe a glitch. It's weird that 11/27-12/4, 11/28-12/5, and 11/29-12/6 would be unavailable, but 11/26-ANY of those days would be available.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Oh that's easy then, if you can book a longer period you would just go ahead and do that and then phone them to have the extra days removed. Or just do it by phone in the first place. I'm sure it'll be fine once your dates become available though (or just call them and do it over the phone).

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -