worried about some of the neg reviews...

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
bgaviator

worried about some of the neg reviews...

Unread post by bgaviator »

We stayed at POR two years ago in the Royal Rooms and we had a very pleasant stay. We did have a loose shower head the first time we went to take a shower. I was able to tighten it by hand easily. And there was one day where we had no refreshed towels or new toiletries. It took awhile to get hold of room service but once I did, room service came around an hour later with a huge bag of toiletries for us. Some we are still using up to this day at home!

Overall my wife really loved this hotel so it was the only place she considered staying at again for our trip next year. But I just did a search on Yelp for Port Orleans Riverside and wow.....it has negative review after another. Seems to be consistent complaints too, mostly to do with housekeeping and the cleanliness/condition of the rooms. Have things gone downhill at this resort since two years ago? Or are these incidents seldom occurrences? Kind of has me worried now...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: worried about some of the neg reviews...

Unread post by Admin »

It rather depends on where you are reading the reviews to be honest, as the negative ones do tend to make the most noise. Our last Royal Room stay, just over a month ago, was wonderful with no room cleanliness issues whatsoever. In fact the carpet had just been wet-cleaned, and was still very slightly damp in places for the first few hours.

Out of the most recent 20 reviews on TripAdvisor (https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Rev ... orida.html) 18 give five-stars and the remaining two are four-stars, which seems pretty encouraging to me.

Of course there are always going to be occasions where things go wrong (and I've no idea why, but when people post bad reports, things often seem to have gone SERIOUSLY wrong for them) but the vast majority of people seem to have very positive things to say.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
MardiGroggy

Re: worried about some of the neg reviews...

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

I think that many reviews are based on someones reaction to a problem, rather than the problem itself. Some folks seem to have no tolerance for any inconvenience or unexpected occurrence. And some people just like to complain. I always read reviews with an eye to trying to discover the real issue and how it was handled, before deciding if it will be a deterrent to my patronizing a business. I've seen too many cases of something being given a bad rating simply because of unrealistic expectations, or a relatively minor issue. We stay at Port Orleans (either resort) several times a year and we never worry about having any problems. We rarely do, but if something comes up, I go directly to management at the front desk (no phone calls) and it always gets resolved. We've stayed at several of the Disney resorts, but we have only stayed at Port Orleans for the past dozen years or so. That is my recommendation, if that helps any.
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"