Port Orleans Riverside question

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
KLMarston

Port Orleans Riverside question

Unread post by KLMarston »

In the past we've brought along an over the door shoe organizer to hang on the outside of the bathroom door. Tried it in March at AoA and it didn't fit, CSR fit fine. We are taking our 2 year old grandson in a few days and he comes with soooo much stuff, diapers, meds, lotions for eczema, cups, snacks! Would anyone happen to know if the organizers fit over the doors? If not I need a different plan. The rooms look like there isn't a ton of storage. Thanks in advance!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Port Orleans Riverside question

Unread post by Admin »

Most people use a hanging storage unit that hangs over the clothes rail bar in the vanity area. I've no idea about over-door hangers though, I guess it depends on how they are mounted to the door? I'd have thought one bathroom door was very much like any other though - especially between the Moderates which have the same basic design - what caused the AoA door to not work for you?

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
KLMarston

Thanks Andre, the metal brackets that slip over the door would not fit, the door was too thick. I ended up rigging it over the clothes rod that time but we had a lot more storage area in the suite, I know the majority of the clothes H and I take will be hanging. I figured possibly age of the building and differing codes might have been a factor. I actually commented on an AOA thread and people chimed in, so it wasn't a one off!
RodgerB

Unread post by RodgerB »

I can totally see your point, KLMarston. Did you try asking a professional to recommend a solution? I bet there are solutions out there that we don't know exist.
KLMarston

I can report that these are the thicker doors thought it seemed that the brackets on the organizer I ordered would bend just a tad to accommodate the width. We were unable to close the door completely though and that wasn't an issue for us. Also I think we might have had a handicapped room, not a roll in tub but the vanity was in the bathroom area and clothes hung in a wardrobe.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, that sounds like an Accessible Room. The doors into that specially combined vanity/wash/toilet/bath area are more substantial than the regular bathroom/toilet doors (some rooms have sliding doors, some are hinged, it depends on the exact room type)

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -