"Allergy cleaning" or "VIP cleaning"?

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
mamabunny

"Allergy cleaning" or "VIP cleaning"?

Unread post by mamabunny »

Hey y'all!

We lovelovelove POFQ, and have had the pleasure of staying in a Royal Room at POR (Call me crazy, but I love watching the boats go up and down the river!)

We wanted to try POR again this spring, however, I require a roll-in shower room, and with current availability looks like we will be firmly in building 85. Thats cool - I have a 2 in 3 chance of getting a coveted "corner window" and I truly don't care even if it's a parking lot view... it's still POR, right?

My concern is this: Last time we stayed at POR, it was obvious that a service dog had been in the room before us. We asked for an extra cleaning while we were gone to the theme park, and it helped my allergies somewhat, but the doggy odor remained persistent in the room for the entire stay. :(

A friend of our daughter, who is a former Housekeeping CM, said we should ask for an "Allergy cleaning" or "VIP cleaning". Do you happen to know if there is a difference - and if so, which one to request? We typically ask for an "Allergy cleaning", simply because I am allergic to dogs and cats, and I know that in an HA room, there is a better than even chance that a service animal will have been there.

I don't want to be "that person" and cause extra trouble for Housekeeping, but I need the room to be clean - and ideally on the first day of occupancy. Any suggestions? Do I need to somehow reach out to Housekeeping directly at the Resort?

Thanks in advance!
The evening star is shinin' bright. So make a wish and hold on tight. There's magic in the air tonight, and anything can happen...
The Princess & The Frog, Disney Studios, 2009
Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Allergy cleaning" or "VIP cleaning"?

Unread post by Admin »

Just explain why you need the extra cleaning. First they would try to accommodate you in a room where there have been no dogs present, and also do a deeper clean than normal.

There are rooms with roll-in showers located all over the resort (21 in total, 14 of which are in the two mansion buildings) so you could be in a number of buildings. Most of them seem to be located on corners, but not all. The view type would be dictated by what category of room you have booked - if you have booked River View for example then there are only three roll-in shower rooms which they could assign for you, all of them being ground floor rooms in Magnolia Terrace (85) which are a gorgeous and convenient location. See my floorplans on http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php for more info (look for the red room numbers with the red dot next to the number for Roll-in Shower rooms).

You might also want to contact the Special Needs team on 1-407-939-7807 in advance to discuss your requirements, as well as doing a regular room request (http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php).

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
mamabunny

Unread post by mamabunny »

Thanks so much for the swift reply!

We are seeing only "Garden view"/roll-in shower rooms currently available during the time frame we are looking at; LOL the first thing I did was pull up your maps to see where those rooms might be! :)

Thank you again - you are such a great resource for our favorite Resorts!
The evening star is shinin' bright. So make a wish and hold on tight. There's magic in the air tonight, and anything can happen...
The Princess & The Frog, Disney Studios, 2009
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Might be worth calling them and seeing if there are any other accessible options available, those River View rooms are really nice if you can snag one. Garden View leaves the location a lot more open and you'd need to put in a request if you have a specific location in mind.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -