Riverside Area Request

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
andyb1126

Riverside Area Request

Unread post by andyb1126 »

Hi all. In the process of deciding where to stay next summer and we have pretty much settled on Riverside. However, we have stayed twice already, both times in the Alligator Bayou section, and we really want to stay in a mansion building so its different.

We are trying to work out the best way to achieve our request. Our first thought was to book a River View as there seemed to be more of these in the mansion buildings but now I have looked at the map, Alligator also has river view rooms in the preferred buildings.

So I suppose my question is, does a river view room trump a preferred? ie. If we book a river view, could we be put in a preferred location even though we havent booked preferred? And does anyone have any experience of successfully requesting a mansion building, and what did you do to achieve it?

Thanks in advance.

Andy
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Riverside Area Request

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, River View 'trumps' preferred location, in that the rooms which overlook the river in buildings 14 and 27 are booked as River View category rather than as Preferred Location. So yes, if you booked River View you could be assigned a room in 14, 27, 38, 80 or 85. My floorplan maps show you which rooms are sold as which booking categories.

The only way to 100% guarantee a mansion building room is to book one of the Royal Room options, with Royal Pool View being probably the best to ensure a convenient location too. Otherwise it's all down to requests and keeping your fingers crossed. See http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
andyb1126

Unread post by andyb1126 »

Thank you very much Andre.

My little boy will be 14 so Im not sure a Royal Guest room will be to his liking! So, I looked on your floorplans and there a lot more River view in Alligator Bayou, than in the Mansion Buildings so I think we may be decreasing our chances, so I think we will go with a garden view and put in a request for building 85 and as you say, keep our fingers crossed!!

Thank you for your reply and congratulations on a wonderful and very informative site.

Andy.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

andyb1126 wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 1:30 pm I looked on your floorplans and there a lot more River view in Alligator Bayou, than in the Mansion Buildings so I think we may be decreasing our chances
There are a total of 72 River View rooms in Riverside, of which 27 (so a bit more than a third) are in the mansion buildings. Garden view has a little less than two-thirds in the mansions. So yes there is a difference in terms of random chance of getting a mansion building, but not a massive one. There would be much more of an impact from sending in a Room Request in advance (see http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php). And if you did end up getting a bayou room with Garden View, you could end up stuck out in the furthest corners of the resort, while all of the River View rooms are fairly centrally located.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -