Royal Room downgrade

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
alisandy2000@yahoo.co.uk

Royal Room downgrade

Unread post by alisandy2000@yahoo.co.uk »

Hi. I have stayed at Riverside twice before with my family. I’m going in February for an adult only week with a friend. Really excited!! We have booked a royal room garden view as that was the only room available when we booked (it includes free dining).

I think I would still prefer the bayou location. My question is would it be reasonable to request a preferred room near a quiet pool and the food court (on arrival). Am I correct in thinking any of the bayou rooms would be considered a downgrade and therefore we would stand a reasonable chance of getting our request.

If not does anyone know which rooms would be classed as a downgrade. I don’t want to rely on getting a free upgrade. Assuming there is availability of course. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Royal Room downgrade

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, any of the Alligator Bayou rooms would be considered a downgrade from a Royal Room Garden View. The only options that would be upgrades from your currently booked category would be Royal Pool View and Royal River View.

I would suggest making your request in advance rather than when you arrive, so send them a fax about five days out letting them know that in hindsight you would like to choose a Preferred Location room near to the 'teens' buildings pool if one is available (you could suggest one of the Pool View rooms in building 18 would be ideal, or something similar). You could sweeten the request by suggesting that they might be able to offer your booked Royal Room to some other family as an upgrade.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
alisandy2000@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Royal Room downgrade

Unread post by alisandy2000@yahoo.co.uk »

That’s really helpful thanks. I’m guessing even if your request is unsuccessful we won’t be disappointed