Christmas Decorations

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
BlairJCampbell

Christmas Decorations

Unread post by BlairJCampbell »

I was just curious if anyone knows when the hotels start decorating for Christmas. I've searched a few sites and found a few different answers. Some people say it starts mid-November and others say it starts the week after Thanksgiving.

Thanks in advance!
sth270355

Re: Christmas Decorations

Unread post by sth270355 »

Not sure about POR/FQ, but DIsney hotels in the MK all tend to be fully decorated before Thanksgiving. i.e the Grand Floridian has its Gingerbread house and is fully decorated.
Regards

Steve
disneygirl

Re: Christmas Decorations

Unread post by disneygirl »

We have noticed that the decorations at POR/FQ seem tobe very late going up. We normally always go there in November and last time the tree didn't go up until after Thanks Giving. A few days after TG everything is up!
First Visit to POFQ May 1995
Off site in Kissimmee June 1996 (never again)
POR nearly every year since although we did go to Wilderness Lodge one year which was also really nice.
Off site LBV this year 2011 (Wyndham LBV - was just OK but never again)
Disneyland Paris - too many times to count but prob about 20 (not a patch on WDW)
The hubby has been to Disneyland California but was too young to really remember much.