Taxi fare

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Millymolly

Taxi fare

Unread post by Millymolly »

Does anyone know how much it would cost in a taxi from Orlando airport to port orleans riverside, and how long it might take?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Taxi fare

Unread post by Admin »

I don't know the cost, but it'd take around half an hour.

Why not use Disney's Magical Express bus service though, as it's free?

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Millymolly

I did think of that but having read the reviews and we don't land until 3.30pm we also need to clear customs. It did say that our luggage would take up to 4 hours to arrive. After a long flight I think we would all like to change our clothes. Do you no roughly the cost of a taxi fare?

Thank
:D
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Ah, flying in from the UK? In which case (unless you've already flown indirect via another US airport) you'll need to collect your hold bags and clear through customs first anyway. You can always keep all your bags with you on Magical Express though, you don't HAVE to give them back and get Disney to take them separately.

If you want to do that, after you've cleared through customs at MCO you have a choice: you can 're-drop' your hold baggage and just take your hand baggage with you on the monorail trip over to the main terminal building, or you can take all of your bags with you (up a short escalator) and bring them with you on the monorail, and then they can go into the luggage compartment on the Magical Express bus and travel with you. To be honest, we tend to take ours with us on the monorail, it's less of a hassle to keep our bags with us.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
snikreps

Unread post by snikreps »

check out this site: http://www.taxifarefinder.com/
If I did it right, it should cost you $65USD (including tip).
Millymolly

Thanks for that. I didn't realise you could take your luggage with you on the coach. Will be using it now, save the $ to spend in Disney !!! :D