POFQ Pool Refurbishment, plus revised feature pool hours

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

POFQ Pool Refurbishment, plus revised feature pool hours

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

The Port Orleans French Quarter swimming pool, Doubloon Lagoon, will be closed for refurbishment from mid-January until the end of February 2014 (which includes the busy President's Day week). The dates are tentatively 13 Jan - 28 Feb, but that may change slightly depending on how long the work eventually takes. Disney will be running a free shuttle service between POFQ and POR during the closure to allow guests to use any of the six Riverside pools in the meantime.

The POFQ hot tub will also be closed for some of the time, but not necessarily for the whole of the refurbishment period. The laundry and kids playground will remain open, but the Mardi Grogs pool bar and the restrooms will be closed.

Update on 28 Jan: Rather than running large shuttle buses from the front of the hotels, they are using the small 'golf-cart'-like pargo vehicles to take guests from the front of the pool area at POFQ directly over to the pool at Riverside in a few minutes. Very little hanging around, just hop in and go. Return trips are just as easy.

Update on 27 Feb: The POFQ pool is due to re-open on Tuesday 4th March.

As from November 2013, the POR and POFQ feature pools (i.e. Ol' Man Island and Doubloon Lagoon) will both have extended lifeguard operating hours of 9am-11pm. However, outside of those times both pools (including the hot tubs) will be fully CLOSED and guests will not be allowed to use them - so sadly no more midnight soaks in the hot tub after a long day at the parks. :(

Off-season (e.g. 5 January - 15 February 2014, but dates are subject to change based on demand and other factors) the feature pool and hot tub hours will be reduced to 9am-9pm.

The five quiet pools around the Alligator Bayou and Magnolia Bend areas of POR will still remain available for swimming at any time outside of these hours (at your own risk of course), it's only the main feature pools which will have restricted access times.
Wendy H

Re: POFQ Pool Refurbishment, plus revised feature pool hours

Unread post by Wendy H »

Hello!

I have reservation at POFQ Feb 2-Feb 12, and am concerned at the pool closure. I called WDW reservations and POFQ. Both told me this is not on the refurb schedule. Can anyone offer any guidance? I really want to stay at FQ, but I need to stay at a hotel with a pool. I will change resorts if the pool closure is accurate.

Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Rather than running buses from the front of the hotels, they are using the small 'golf-cart'-like pargos to take guests from the front of the pool area at POFQ directly over to the pool at Riverside. Very little hanging around, just hop in and go.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
sethmoney

Unread post by sethmoney »

Do the smaller pool areas have hot tubs or just the larger pool locations?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

sethmoney wrote:Do the smaller pool areas have hot tubs or just the larger pool locations?
Only the larger pool locations have hot tubs (Doubloon Lagoon at French Quarter and Ol' Man Island at Riverside)

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

The POFQ pool is due to re-open on Tuesday 4th March.

Andre