Oak Manor roof refurbishment work commences 19 January 2014

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Oak Manor roof refurbishment work commences 19 January 2014

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

Just as a bit of a heads-up, as it might have an impact how people choose to request rooms, refurbishment work on the roof of the Oak Manor building (Port Orleans Riverside's building 90, in the Royal Guest Rooms section) will begin on 19 January 2014 and continue for about 6 months.

Construction staff will only be working on one wing at a time, so the majority of the building will remain open - but of course there may be visual intrusion from other parts of the building with some scaffolding, daytime noise, etc.
pnc76

Re: Oak Manor roof refurbishment work commences 19 January 2

Unread post by pnc76 »

We have asked for a first floor river view room for when we check in May 27. Do you see any issues with
this room request with the roof repair work?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Should be fine. River View is a booking category anyway (which presumably is what you've paid for?) so all you're really asking for is a first (i.e. ground) floor room.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
DisneyGroom2012

Unread post by DisneyGroom2012 »

Hi Andre

I know work is scheduled to begin on either the 17th or 19th January and potentially last for 6 months.

However, do you know if they are starting with the roof which is closest to the river or the car park and which side of the building?

The reason I'm asking is that we are staying in Oak Manor Building 90 and the room we have been allocated is a ground floor room facing directly the river.

I can't remember the room number but our view from the room window is basically some of the marina.

We are not on holiday until 21st August but it will be good to know what to expect as most of the time construction at Disney does take longer than planned.

Also, are you in a position to upload any photographs of the construction in progress?

Many thanks

DisneyGroom2012
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I think by mid-August the work will be complete. At the moment I have no information as to which order the work will progress, other than that they will be doing it a wing at a time to minimise downtime to the rest of the building. Obviously no photos yet of something that hasn't started yet.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
pnc76

Unread post by pnc76 »

Any updates on how the work is going or which section they are doing first?
zabache

Unread post by zabache »

Hello
Would anyone happen to know which sections are finished and which one are they working on now? Thanks
RiverRooster

Unread post by RiverRooster »

At resort now, will take a stroll and see where they're at and will post.
zabache

Unread post by zabache »

RiverRooster wrote:At resort now, will take a stroll and see where they're at and will post.
This would be great. Thanks
RiverRooster

Unread post by RiverRooster »

It appears as if they have completed most of the work to the sections of building 90 nearest to building 95. The walls and fences have been removed. The sections closest to building 85 still have limited walkway access to the riverfront and there is a temporary 6' chainlink fence along the exterior on that side. Hard to sayhow far along they are, however it looks as if the old roofing material has been removed on the area closest to the river.