Resort Airline Check-In Service for International Travellers

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Resort Airline Check-In Service for International Travellers

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter will be extending their Resort Airline Check-In Service to include guests travelling on International flights as from 24 February 2014.

As with existing guests travelling on domestic US flights, the Resort Airline Check-In Service allows guests to check in for their flight directly at their hotel on their day of travel, including retrieving boarding passes and dropping off checked luggage. This is part of a gradual roll-out, and all Disney Resorts will be offering the International Airline Check-In facility by 17 March.

The airlines which participate in the scheme are Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, AirTran Airways, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines and US Airways - which given that these are all internal US carriers does seem a little ironic, but at least many of them do fly overseas too.
shoemakers4

Re: Resort Airline Check-In Service for International Travel

Unread post by shoemakers4 »

I'm sure I'm echoing the sentiments of the international WDW visitor, but, it's about time! Being from Michigan I never understood why they wouldnt be able to do this for all travelers regardless of your origination point. I've traveled many times to and from Germany and France so I've experienced both domestic and international travel. Hopefully it's as smooth for you guys as the domestic process is. :)
Thorpy

Re: Resort Airline Check-In Service for International Travel

Unread post by Thorpy »

This sounds interesting, and opens up options. Assuming our flight is late enough, we currently check bags into bell services, go to a park for the last morning, and then get them back just before Magical express arrives. This would make things more convenient.